Has anyone found railroad ties for sale here in the LOS?

Salty Dog

Very long screws,i have seen programs on tv,where they are building log cabins and fix the logs together

with these very long screws, but as the don't have log cabins here ,you maybe wont find them.

regards worgeordie

Was looking for railroad ties for a gardening project but haven't been able to track any down. Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Railroad ties,   down any track?

You don't say where you are, but wooden ties/ sleepers, haven't been used for ages. However there are some pile of wood ties scattered around various larger depots/junctions. Having discovered a stockpile that is in reasonable condition for landscaping approach the station master with a Thai wife/friend and inquire. Have a bottle of something available in case. Also take a truck. Cement ties are abundant and even they deteriorate when abandoned trackside.

Maybe just use concrete but before it sets imprint a wood pattern on it. You can use die in the cement mix to get the desired color.

Option two is to go to a second hand wood yard. These places buy old houses and dismantle them before selling on the wood.

You might find some old house posts that could be cut down to size.

I just finished making a rockery on either side of our drainage channel in the back garden because I got sick of having to cut down the jungle that developed if I ignored it for too long. Got the rocks for free by the side of the road.

Won't have to cut any more weeds around that part of the garden..

P_20190806_172133_vHDR_On.jpg

Yes I have seen retired Railroad Ties on sale on Highway 2447 on the left side of the highway as you depart Buriram and head towards Surin. These wooden railroad ties are stacked up at the largest second hand truck dealer in Buriram. There are dozens and dozens of oil tankers and large commercial trucks on sale at this dealership on Highway 2447. Not far from a PT gas station.   Next time I drive that way I will post a photo and the GPS coordinates. The used truck dealership is at least ten minutes from the traffic lights intersection of Highway 288 and Highway 2447.  

Archived