Work Permit Non Res B visa

would the somone be kind enough to remind this old fool if a letter from your employer is still all that is required to obtain a Non- Res B and also if Laos is still issuing Non -Res B's. Ta very

I assume you mean a non-b visa.

A letter from your employer is not enough to get a single entry non-b visa at any nearby location. A WP3 receipt or a work permit application approval letter from the labor ministry.

The embassy in Vientiane or the consulate in Savannakhet Laos will issue a single entry non-b.

Vientiane's requirements are here. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/Visa/Non-B business.pdf

Thanks very much for your swift reply, my aging brain has just told me that for my last WP in 2016 I only went to One-Stop and they did the WP and stamped the red B visa chop (not a stick-on one) in my passport at the same time.

The Thai company I was with in 2016 had an agent (useless) who eventually got all the right paperwork from the company (who had never employed an expat before) but it took a bit of getting it right.

If I remember it correctly, I only went overseas (HK) for my first wp visa back in 1995, after that it was updated every 2 years by the (farang) company staff until I left them in 2006 and I think that after the first time, or maybe second time, I did not even need to go to the visa office (pre One-stop?) in person.

My current company have employed quite a few expats and say they have the right paperwork, so I think I will give it a go at One-Stop.

Thanks again

Yes, it is only called a "Non-Immigrant B" Visa, but for some obscure reason I always call it a "Non-Res B" must be from some other countries.

Sorry to disappoint Crossy, I can't think of anybody I want to whittle with my piercing wit today, must be cracking-up - from the foot up probably.

Edited by MiKT