Phuket tourists on jet-skis among protected mangroves riles Krabi Governor

snoop1130

Phuket tourists on jet-skis among protected mangroves riles Krabi Governor

By The Phuket News

1565250223_1-org.jpg

The jet-skis arrived on a tour from Phuket, said the Krabi Marine Office chief. Screengrab: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- The Governor of Krabi Province has called for tougher enforcement of environmental protection laws after tourists from Phuket were seen riding jet-skis among protected mangroves near Ao Luek, on the Krabi mainland.

Krabi Governor Pol Lt Col (Rtd) ML Kitibodee Pravitra explained that he was informed by local officials that a group of five to six foreigners were seen riding jet-skis at speed among protected mangroves at Koh Ka Rot, just south of Ao Luek.

The incident, which occurred last Sunday (Aug 4), was recorded on video and posted on Facebook, stirring angry outbursts online from local residents, he added.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tourists-on-jet-skis-among-protected-mangroves-riles-krabi-governor-72441.php#ziSKDJsbAJVf13UL.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-08-08

His Rilyness the Governor should consider that tourists very rarely travel with jetskis (unless they are Russian and named Jetski), therefore it might be conducive to approach your very own trusted and local jetski operators and rile on them.

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

His Rilyness the Governor should consider that tourists very rarely travel with jetskis (unless they are Russian and named Jetski), therefore it might be conducive to approach your very own trusted and local jetski operators and rile on them.

It may be conducive for you to read the link.

38 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

They came supplied with their own, it's in the link.

I don't read that the jet skis were personally owned by or supplied by the tourists who "were on a tour from Phuket." The jet skis were provided separately.

“The jet-skis were transported by a big boat and dropped into the water when they reached the area off Koh Ka Rot,” Likely as part of a tour package.

So the jet skis would have been arranged by the tour operator.

Certainly the "big boat" operator would have been aware of where these jet skis would be operated and with the tour operator should be held accountable for their misuse.

4 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

58 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

And it is probably just weird for you to understand that the jetskis were provided to the tourists by "a big boat" (jetskis supplied by jetski operators to tour operators)

18 hours ago, Srikcir said:

I don't read that the jet skis were personally owned by or supplied by the tourists who "were on a tour from Phuket." The jet skis were provided separately.

“The jet-skis were transported by a big boat and dropped into the water when they reached the area off Koh Ka Rot,” Likely as part of a tour package.

So the jet skis would have been arranged by the tour operator.

Certainly the "big boat" operator would have been aware of where these jet skis would be operated and with the tour operator should be held accountable for their misuse.

Neither I, nor anyone else, claimed that the jetskis were "personally owned" by the users of them, but I did quote the link that said that the tourists came supplied with their own, meaning that they were not rented to them by local jetski mafia as was suggested by the poster to whom I responded.   Your speculation that the operators had knowledge of the area or assumed accountability was not part of my comment.  My comment that "they came supplied with their own" was accurate based on the information provided in the link.

18 hours ago, klauskunkel said:
23 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

19 hours ago, Just Weird said:

And it is probably just weird for you to understand that the jetskis were provided to the tourists by "a big boat" (jetskis supplied by jetski operators to tour operators)

And it is clearly difficult for you to understand that your own implication that the local jet ski mafia ("your very own trusted and local jetski operators") rented the craft to the tourists was wrong.

You get the idea that it is tourists who are responsible. Of course that is NOT possible. Tourists go where tour operators take them. 

The jet-skis were transported by a big boat and dropped into the water when they reached the area off Koh Ka Rot,” 

Krabi Fisheries Association President Manit Damkul pointed out that the area the tourists arrived in the area on tours booked “in nearby provinces”.

Unfortuanly while the tour operator is known,  it seems nothing can be done to stop this these tours from a nearby province. Such are the vagaries of law enforcement in Thailand. 

Renting a jet ski in Thailand is only for the stupid amongst the stupid,  considering all the scam warnings posted by international embassies. Even if the tourists were not to blame regarding their whereabouts, not a wise thing to rent a jet ski in Thailand.

11 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Even if the tourists were not to blame regarding their whereabouts, not a wise thing to rent a jet ski in Thailand.

Ahh so back to blaming the tourists. Really can their be another way? I think not  :biggrin:

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:
9 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Ahh so back to blaming the tourists. Really can their be another way? I think not  :biggrin:

Are you the friendly inthread troll of the day ? ????

I assumed you were.

Job A) Blame the tourists ... for a Thai tour operators fault.  Job well done Observer 90210! :thumbsup:

Just now, observer90210 said:

welcome to my ignore list. good bye Mr Troll.

Looks like I was right.

From my vantage point you did an excellent job. Blame the tourists. When it was pointed out that this was a Thai tour operators fault, you put as much blame back on the tourists as possible and then doubled down with 'anyone saying different is likely a troll'.

Great work. :biggrin:

Archived