Business Class & Reentry Permit

Oxx

Tomorrow I'm flying for the first time business class with BA.  I presume I'll be given a priority pass for security & Immigration.  Is it possible to use the pass and get a reentry permit? Or am I condemned to joining the masses and the long, long queues?

Thanks.

Best of luck with business class on BA. If you get there with lots of time you will be able to get a re-entry permit at the appropriate desk. I think the cost is 1th bht. You might need a snap of yourself. You will need one as you will only get 30 day visa on your return then you will have to reapply for a new Visa. You will also get priority pass. And a ticket to use one of the Business class lounges. Suggest you get your R/E permit first. Then book in.

Thanks, but the issue, I think, is that the priority pass route does not go past the desk which issues reentry permits.  It's more a question of whether there are some side doors that can be opened to allow me to get the reentry permit without losing the (paid for) privilege of priority.

On 8/10/2019 at 5:00 PM, Oxx said:

Thanks, but the issue, I think, is that the priority pass route does not go past the desk which issues reentry permits.  It's more a question of whether there are some side doors that can be opened to allow me to get the reentry permit without losing the (paid for) privilege of priority.

In short, yes you can, but ONLY if you use immigration hall 2.  There is - or used to be - a sign outside the fast track entrance for that hall saying "re-entry permit".  You go through the FT security then at immigration you get stamped out of the country first then turn left and walk behind the desks until you get to the re-entry booth right at the end.  When you go with the hoardes you usually get the re-entry after security and before immigration, but with fast track it is different.

But again, make sure you use hall 2.  If you go through the other one there is no re-entry counter and you are buggered.

I asked about this once and then posted my own answer.  See below.  Please bear in mind this was a year ago when I needed to get a re-entry at the airport.  I haven't had to do it since so don't know if it has changed, but I suspect not.  Best just to ask at the entrance to Fast Track in Hall 2 to be safe.

30 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

But again, make sure you use hall 2.  If you go through the other one there is no re-entry counter and you are buggered.

Can't you just walk back into the re-entry permit area from the duty free area if you happen to come out in the wrong place? I dont remember seeing any sort of barrier there.

On 8/10/2019 at 5:00 PM, Oxx said:

Thanks, but the issue, I think, is that the priority pass route does not go past the desk which issues reentry permits. 

I don't know what or where hall 2 is but every time I have been through fast-track in the past few years I have walked right past the re-entry permit section. There has never been any sort of queue for it so I dont suppose it would take long to get one.

Archived