Foliar fertilizer (Fruit trees)

stubuzz

On 8/11/2019 at 6:33 AM, Singhajon said:

Am trying Wesco 20-10-30 + trace elements for my tree's, ordered from Lazada 3 x 1Kg 400B delivered.

Do you see any indication that this product is formulated for foliar application?  I don' see that on the website, and I doubt it, it's too high in NPK and may burn, may be not be appropriate and may be a waste.  

Foliar fertilizer needs to be specifically formulated for foliar absorption, and needs a spreader-sticker. And I use a fulvic acid adjuvant to facilitate absorption. 

Look at WESCOs other products under micronutrients menu 

http://en.wesco.co.th/15090940/micronutrients

Super Plus, Cyto Green and Spray Tol,  these are indicated for foliar use.

I trust the quality of products from Organic Totto in Samut Prakan, although I haven't used their foliar fert products. 

https://www.organictotto.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=539114098

Standard formulations of the macro-nutrients are not usually appropriate for foliar application. They are not readily absorbed and the amount needed is much more than can be provided by foliar.  20 - 30 years ago it was only chelated micronutrients that could be absorbed through foliar application, but now there are new generation formulations, including urea based N that can be absorbed through stomata and leaf surface, but you have to study and trust the label.  In any case it takes regular, preferably weekly applications to really get the benefit of foliar, because so little is actually absorbed with one application. Its best to rely primarily on soil organic matter building and mineralization, with foliar as a supplemental modality, if you have the right products and the spray equipment and technique to get good coverage of upper and lower leaf surfaces. And timing. The rainy season makes scheduling the spraying on a dry day important, to make it stick long enough to get absorption. 

I'm in California for the summer season, and frequently recommending and applying foliar fertilization. My primary work is with trees in landscapes and home orchards . As an example, for stressed trees that were in decline, we are implementing a comprehensive rehabilitation program, including water management as primary, soil testing and prescription amendments, beneficial soil microbial inoculations, biological fungicides, IPM and once a month foliar fertilization with a tank mix of products (hard to sell weekly, even in the robust Silicon Valley economy).  The attached products, plus a light spreader-sticker, and a high quality fulvic acid product, which is a key development in facilitating foliar absorption. https://buildasoil.com/products/bioag-ful-power.

Micrel label.pdf Turf_GreenSpeed_SI.pdf

6 hours ago, Singhajon said:

The label says the right things, indicating that it is formulated for foliar apps, and it has a lot of goodies.  I can't determine what form the NPK components are in, and I question such a high NPK for foliar.  I would recommend applying a trial to a small area of unimportant foliage and waiting a week or two to observe for leaf or flower burn or not, before applying to all your trees. 

Archived