TM 47 report- two weeks before and a week after still okay

I had a chat with one of our IO and was told that this regulation is still okay to be there either two weeks before the ninety days are over, or up to a week after the date on your form. It was a high ranked officer at Sisaket immigration. 

This "grey area" doesn't work when you're doing it online. 

20 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

I had a chat with one of our IO and was told that this regulation is still okay to be there either two weeks before the ninety days are over, or up to a week after the date on your form. It was a high ranked officer at Sisaket immigration. 

This "grey area" doesn't work when you're doing it online. 

It's not really a "grey area", it's the published rules that immigration follow nationally.

Online reporting has different rules. IMO they stop online reporting a week early to give people time to report in person if (when) there is a problem with the online system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

It's not really a "grey area", it's the published rules that immigration follow nationally.

Online reporting has different rules. IMO they stop online reporting a week early to give people time to report in person if (when) there is a problem with the online system.

Thanks, in my opinion, weird. I was fined once for being late when reporting online but would have had time to do it in person on the same day, but they fined me.

The first IO only gave me a warning, while the stringent IO, at that time in Phibun Mangsahan ( many here will remember the flitch who must have hated foreigners) let me pay a fine of 2,000 baht.

I'd appreciate having the same rules for online reporting, but TIT. 

I've been trying to submit my TM47 online since Sunday. It was me a message to contact my nearest Immigration Office everytime I click the submit button. 

I have successfully used the online system in the past. 

Anybody else having issues submitting online this week? 

• Like 1

Recently left the country and IO officer said the 7 days after does not apply. My report was due two days before I left so the 7 days after was not allowed . I had to report before I left.. Not a direct answer to he post but important none the less.

Edited by Chicken George
Typo
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

Recently left the country and IO officer said the 7 days after does not apply. My report was due two days before I left so the 7 days after was not allowed . I had to report before I left.. Not a direct answer to he post but important none the less.

The 7 days after is to do the report. Leaving the country after the report date is not the same as doing a report.

• Like 1

I did my TM47 today at Sakon Nakhon Immigration, it was due on the 24th or 25th, can't remember, so yes the 15 days before or 7 days after does still applies.

That said, I did try it online a while back and it was ugly, so I have continued to go and do it at the office, always 5 minutes in and out, even though its over an hour to drive there, and over an hour drive back.

When their system gets better, I will do it online, that and the TM 30 ????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Joedoebarinio said:

This may not apply everywhere, but the slip in my Passport has a stamp on that states; Reporting can be up to 14 days early and 7 days after. It’s written in Thai Script. So I got the wife to read it. 

Thanks for your post!

20 hours ago, QPRFC said:

I've been trying to submit my TM47 online since Sunday. It was me a message to contact my nearest Immigration Office everytime I click the submit button. 

I have successfully used the online system in the past. 

Anybody else having issues submitting online this week? 

Only tried it once, got the same message,what a waste of my time entering all my information several times. Typical,useless, and pathetic.have done several reports a few days late with no issues so yes the 7 days after is still in place.

Edited by brianthainess

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Only tried it once, got the same message,what a waste of my time entering all my information several times. Typical,useless, and pathetic.have done several reports a few days late with no issues so yes the 7 days after is still in place.

Try a different browser. In the beginning, only IE was working, but not many people knew that. 

This may not apply everywhere, but the slip in my Passport has a stamp on that states; Reporting can be up to 14 days early and 7 days after. It’s written in Thai Script. So I got the wife to read it. 

The immigration website and a procedure they sent out a few years ago states 15 days.

The 14 or 15 days before is not really that relevant since most people would not be trying to do it that early unless they were wanting to do it at the same time they apply for an extension or needed to do something else at immigration.

The problem with doing it early is that the next report date will be 90 days from the date you do the report. Same if you do it after the report date.

• Thanks 1

Not regarding my colleagues. He was there within the week after due date and told me that he had to pay 2 K.

In the same office where i had the information for the OP from. 

But when he started mumbling about his housebook he had to show I knew that it was a hoax. 

" Some follow the law, some let you pay," what a load of <deleted>! 

You don't have to pay a fine when it's not more than week after the due date. 

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Only tried it once, got the same message,what a waste of my time entering all my information several times.

If you look at the last few pages of the pinned topic about online reporting you will find a lot of info about why that message comes up.

It means your record could not be found in the database the system accesses to confirm your identity based upon the info you entered.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The immigration website and a procedure they sent out a few years ago states 15 days.

The 14 or 15 days before is not really that relevant since most people would not be trying to do it that early unless they were wanting to do it at the same time they apply for an extension or needed to do something else at immigration.

The problem with doing it early is that the next report date will be 90 days from the date you do the report. Same if you do it after the report date.

Thanks, a lot UJ, always great and informative posts!! 

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If you look at the last few pages of the pinned topic about online reporting you will find a lot of info about why that message comes up.

It means your record could not be found in the database the system accesses to confirm your identity based upon the info you entered.

An Alien from outer space? ( Kidding)