Nine coalition partners vow to stand with government

webfact

Nine coalition partners vow to stand with government

By THE NATION

800_cc2aaf369969804.jpg?v=1565756233

Nine small coalition parties yesterday vowed to continue their support for the Prayut Chan-o-cha government, even after the Thai Civilised Party (TCP) withdrew its support.

The nine, many of which have only one MP, issued a joint statement at a press conference declaring their stance. The parties claim they have never bargained for power with the coalition.

Some said they were still ready to field their non-MP members to take up appointees’ jobs in the new government. The new Constitution bars MPs from taking governmental jobs.

All nine said they respected TCP leader Mongkholkitti Suksintharanont’s decision to ditch the coalition and would remain friendly with him.

New Palang Dharma Party leader Rawee Maschamadol said the nine parties would divide their work to cover both parliamentarian and governmental roles, meaning that they would heed government projects and policies while keeping the Cabinet in check.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374728

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-14

I suspect the negotiations with the government went along these lines;

Minor Party: We are not happy with the way things are going.

Government: We just discovered 100 Billion Baht of unallocatel and unspent money from last years's budget. As a member of the government, do you have any suggestions?

Minor Party: Give me 24 hours. As a loyal member of the government I will have some suitable schemes shortly.

Archived