Deaths In On Koh Chang

TommyGun

Following on from an earlier post regarding a guy being ripped off here, a poster mentioned a bar where a couple always fighting. At this bar there was a death recently of a bar girl which appears to have been covered up. There has been 3 deaths of bar girls in just over a month but the Police seem to cover the story as they fear the tourist will not return.

The girl aparently fell off her motorcycle at around 3am onto a piece of asbestos sheeting. Witness say her neck was cut cleanly and the were no marks on the bike. Intersting.

i lived for a year on koh chang. i left because it is such a sketchy place. the police there are more corrupt than i have encountered anywhere else in thailand outside of pattaya. i think a lot goes on there that doesn't get reported.

Some of these idyllic Thai island 'paradises' can be anything of the sort - i.e. Samui and Chang.

They are usually infested with greedy, money-grabbing mafia families who like to refer to themselves as locals with roots goin' back generations but in many cases this not true. They are outsiders - just like Pattaya - opportunists - with an eye for a quick buck - who have moved in attracted by the incredible amounts of money being dumped in the locale.

The poice in Samui are bought off and are self-serving just like the police in Pattaya. Koh Chang is no exception.

Following on from an earlier post regarding a guy being ripped off here, a poster mentioned a bar where a couple always fighting. At this bar there was a death recently of a bar girl which appears to have been covered up. There has been 3 deaths of bar girls in just over a month but the Police seem to cover the story as they fear the tourist will not return.

The girl aparently fell off her motorcycle at around 3am onto a piece of asbestos sheeting. Witness say her neck was cut cleanly and the were no marks on the bike. Intersting.

I am that poster you refer to .Was it Cha ,Cha bar in Kai Bae ,Ko Chang that the dead girl came from ? It would really sadden me if it is ,as i got to know a lot of the girls there .

Do you have any link to this story ?

Edited by Thaifan2

i lived for a year on koh chang. i left because it is such a sketchy place. the police there are more corrupt than i have encountered anywhere else in thailand outside of pattaya. i think a lot goes on there that doesn't get reported.

I also lived there for about a year and I gotta agree that it is kinda sketchy. There are a few gangs of Thai guys that roam around the beaches looking for trouble every night much to the entertainment of the local police.