UTH to Central Plaza transport options?

Hal65

I'm used to taking the 200 baht "limo service" (shuttle van) to the Nong Khai border but this time will go to central plaza in Udon Thani instead.

Are there mototaxis outside? I'd guess fare to be around 100 to 150 for one person to Central Plaza?

I drive to Udon on a regular basis and I can hardly remember having seen a motorbike taxi at all.

If they exist they must be rare. Absolutely never seen at Central.

Some three months ago I paid the airport a visit and also can't remember having seen motorbike taxis.

Regular taxi is the way to go (should do it within the price you mentioned).

On the net you can read that there are minivans from airport to the city. But can't say from own experience.

7 hours ago, mackayae said:

Yes the new City Bus stops at the airport every 20 minutes. 20 baht. Aircon. Stops at Central Plaza, but you can exit anywhere on route.

Good to know, does it go the other way too? I'd like to take it from central plaza to udon airport.

Any chance you know the bus number in both directions?

14 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Taxis 150-200thb or minibus drop off service 80thb.

Is the minibus to central plaza ticket bought at the same counter as the 200 thb ticket to the border?

I assume the driver understands "Centran" as Central Plaza (that's what they call Central Festival)?

120B for a tuk tuk at the parking area (tuk tuks in UTH are nice), 140-150B for grab. 
Border deal Grab 600B (book to a near by location and then negotiate to Nongkhai in cash).

Minivans and Airport taxi's are a rip off, they even let you wait for 1-2 hours if it is quiet,

also relatively easy to find someone to share the Grab with you..

27 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Is the minibus to central plaza ticket bought at the same counter as the 200 thb ticket to the border?

I assume the driver understands "Centran" as Central Plaza (that's what they call Central Festival)?

Not sure where u buy tickets to the border but for the minibus drop off service it is the counter just to the right (inside) of the door as you exit. Yes 'Centran'...lol! Ive never discovered why the Thais change 'L' to 'N' at the end of words.

8 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Not sure where u buy tickets to the border but for the minibus drop off service it is the counter just to the right (inside) of the door as you exit. Yes 'Centran'...lol! Ive never discovered why the Thais change 'L' to 'N' at the end of words.

I actually have my notes open and here is the full final letter to sound conversion. This is in their own language by the way, so if the word ends with R (ro ruea to them) it changes to N!

l    --->    n
r    --->    n
y    --->    n

ch    --->    t
j    --->    t
d    --->    t
s    --->    t

b    --->    p
f    --->    p

7 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

I actually have my notes open and here is the full final letter to sound conversion. This is in their own language by the way, so if the word ends with R (ro ruea to them) it changes to N!

l    --->    n
r    --->    n
y    --->    n

ch    --->    t
j    --->    t
d    --->    t
s    --->    t

b    --->    p
f    --->    p

I love trying to get them to say 'Laundry'......lol.

Archived