Tiler Wanted For Central Bangkok Job

Magdalen

Hi, please accept my apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I am looking for a tiler to do a small tiling job, as soon as possible.

Am looking to change the white tiles in the pic to black or dark grey.

If you can help or know someone who can, please kindly send me a direct message.

Thanks

floor tiles.jpg

Daft as it seems there are almost 2m2 there, not even a boxof 60*60 will cover that.

Its also worth noting that a tile on tile approach here is going to hinder the door opening so its a break out and start again.

Still a days work for even the slowest of plodders.

Tell em to tile and grout in one for what it is

On 8/18/2019 at 8:10 PM, bankruatsteve said:

Small job for sure.  Suggest you buy the tiles you want, probably one "box" will do.  Then use the "ask a friend" network to find someone to do it.  The cost should be B500 at most.

Unless a tiler stays next door you won't get one out of bed for 500 baht. Allowing 200 baht for travel you want him to come and work for 300 baht...no thank you

A proper tiler is going to ask about 800 to 1200 or tell you to do it yourself. Rate for small jobs are not the same as tiling a 100sqm floor

4 hours ago, Tanlic said:

Unless a tiler stays next door you won't get one out of bed for 500 baht. Allowing 200 baht for travel you want him to come and work for 300 baht...no thank you

A proper tiler is going to ask about 800 to 1200 or tell you to do it yourself. Rate for small jobs are not the same as tiling a 100sqm floor

Perhaps where you live.  The job doesn't need a "proper" tiler IMO.  In our village, there are plenty of guys that would be happy to get 500 baht for a few hours work and who have laid tile as DIY enough to do a decent job.

In my experience you need someone who knows how to plaster the tiles correctly. Many will just put a dollop of plaster in the middle of each tile and leave it to look after itself. After a little while the edges of many of the tiles will start to crack

7 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

In my experience you need someone who knows how to plaster the tiles correctly. Many will just put a dollop of plaster in the middle of each tile and leave it to look after itself. After a little while the edges of many of the tiles will start to crack

In my experience I never ever ever seen or heard anyone putting plaster on tiles, that is desperate.

Butter yes, even I have buttered a few tiles.

On 8/22/2019 at 2:35 PM, bankruatsteve said:

Perhaps where you live.  The job doesn't need a "proper" tiler IMO.  In our village, there are plenty of guys that would be happy to get 500 baht for a few hours work and who have laid tile as DIY enough to do a decent job.

What's a decent enough job to you? how thick is the base the old tiles are sitting on ...how deep should the new goat of cement be? ..how do you ensure when the cement dries the tiles and wood are at the same level? to do the job right those doors should come off or not? should the skirting boards come off.....Just curious on how you or you 6\500 Baht man would go about doing the job in a guys home?

1 hour ago, Tanlic said:

What's a decent enough job to you? how thick is the base the old tiles are sitting on ...how deep should the new goat of cement be? ..how do you ensure when the cement dries the tiles and wood are at the same level? to do the job right those doors should come off or not? should the skirting boards come off.....Just curious on how you or you 6\500 Baht man would go about doing the job in a guys home?

What is decent to me is that it is level, properly grouted, and looks good.  I've been to the homes where they have tiled DIY and it looks good to me.  And, I thought I would pass that on to the OP as it might be an alternative for him.  Cheers.

Archived