Putin orders reciprocal Russian response to U.S. missile test

snoop1130

Putin orders reciprocal Russian response to U.S. missile test

8721.JPG

Russia's President Vladimir Putin chairs a meeting with members of the Security Council in Moscow, Russia August 23, 2019. Sputnik/Alexey Nikolsky/Kremlin via REUTERS

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday told the Defence Ministry and other government agencies to analyze the threat posed by a new U.S. missile test and to prepare a reciprocal response.

The Pentagon said on Monday it had tested a conventionally-configured cruise missile that hit its target after more than 500 km (310 miles) of flight, the first such test since the United States pulled out of a major arms control treaty with Russia on Aug. 2.

Putin said Russia could not stand idly by, and that U.S. talk of deploying new missiles in the Asia-Pacific region “affects our core interests as it is close to Russia’s borders”, according to a transcript of his remarks on the Kremlin website.

“As you know, we have never wanted, do not want and will not get involved in a costly, destructive arms race,” Putin said.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-08-23

Reciprocal, says Putin. As if this didn't just happen:

Two dead in Russian rocket engine explosion; radiation spikes, shipping shut

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-blast-rocket-radiation/two-dead-in-russian-rocket-engine-explosion-radiation-spikes-shipping-shut-idUSKCN1UY1D5

Kremlin says it is winning arms race against U.S. despite rocket accident

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-blast/kremlin-says-it-is-winning-arms-race-against-u-s-despite-rocket-accident-idUSKCN1V31DD

Got to appreciated the guy's poker face.

Yes , more rockets , arms race , nuclear weapons etc ... who wants this ? Who needs this ?

Time to realise that the worlds ecosystem and biosphere is seriously damaged already and that will lead to bigger threats for the population of any country than any rockets could ever do .

It is no time to fight , but to prepare for a significant change in our lifestyles if we want to save the planet together , no one can do that alone , we all need to breathe clean air and drink clean water ..... if this will be possible in the future , I doubt it .

Urgent changes are needed now ... now more pollution , no more toxic products , biodegradable plastics , eco friendly cars and , most of all , it is time to replace or " politicians ' with scientists who would certainly do a better job . And all that NOW !!

PS : I know , I am an naive and unrealistic dreamer who is talking nonsense only ... but anyway ...

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Pentagon said on Monday it had tested a conventionally-configured cruise missile

Thereby relinquishing any rights to condemn any other nation for testing missiles... maybe this is why the United States is not condemning NKs recent launches.

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Yes , more rockets , arms race , nuclear weapons etc ... who wants this ? Who needs this ?

Time to realise that the worlds ecosystem and biosphere is seriously damaged already and that will lead to bigger threats for the population of any country than any rockets could ever do .

It is no time to fight , but to prepare for a significant change in our lifestyles if we want to save the planet together , no one can do that alone , we all need to breathe clean air and drink clean water ..... if this will be possible in the future , I doubt it .

Urgent changes are needed now ... now more pollution , no more toxic products , biodegradable plastics , eco friendly cars and , most of all , it is time to replace or " politicians ' with scientists who would certainly do a better job . And all that NOW !!

PS : I know , I am an naive and unrealistic dreamer who is talking nonsense only ... but anyway ...

Perhaps you are a dreamer, but that’s ok, because your realistic to accept that achieving international co operation is doubtful.

for realistic co operation, all nations would need to be equal and guaranteed free from threat by another nation, otherwise clandestine development would continue, for the preservation of sovereignty first, over the green aspirations of better developed nations.

Ripping up peace treaty’s, accords or agreements and testing new weapons, is diametrically opposed to a true peace, which won’t happen until humankind finally develop warp drive and become a planetary power... lol... which will then go on to develop weapons to fight other planets. ????

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Yes , more rockets , arms race , nuclear weapons etc ... who wants this ?

Why not ask this question of the people who started the latest round of the arms race, Putin, Xi, and Kim?

Fact is humans are there to one way or another always try to control another.  Some get powerful (governments, managers and so on) and do it big time.  They play with missiles and other equipment to be in the game.  Factories making medicines raising prices, just to become way better with money.

Raising is not because of supplies getting higher in price or another process.  But just to make more profit, It means if you cant pay, die. Ofcourse rich can pay, so you eliminate the less fortunate. It is just ethic cleaning of human ras in "civilized" way. 

Every time you see those jokers on top and controlling, indoctrinating people and get away with all.  It's how the world turns. Always been and will never change.  How clever humans can be, they are also that stupid.  

Yes to save the planet we need to change, more fuel efficient houses, vehicles, boats, RVs, ATVs, and Motorcycles.  One thing that some real green thinking people need to realize, is how much of these things need oil products to exist. The petrochemical industry has made it possible for us to have stuff like. electricity in all the above products.

The coatings on the wiring for example. In vehicles, the dash,  headliners, sound proofing mats, steering wheels beneath the leather wrap. seats under the leather covers, the bumpers front and back and the foam inside those bumpers.   Most of the innards of computers, lap tops, tablets, cell phones. The people who exercise and use gym shoes or

running shoes or their T shirts, Shorts or briefs, even the gym bags, well they are all made from oil.  I mention this because even in my city in Canada, there are people who

say oh, leave the oil in the ground as we do not need it.  What we do not need is more faster rockets, ICBMs or other war devices. My opinion anyway.

Geezer

Archived