visiting in November, bring £ or baht

6 hours ago, Percy P said:

We're do you suggest he change it into Baht in the UK. Look on the internet to see Bank ex rates in the UK-Thailang.

Immigration in Thailand requests that you bring into the Kingdom 20,000 Baht or equivalent Foreign money. A/Port my ask you to sow you have it. Tourist have not been allowed in as they can not show that amount as required.

They might ask to see 20k if you look like a begpacker or have many visa exempts in a row this year in your passport. Otherwise it's ok.

10 hours ago, jojothai said:

From my experience it is Usually a <deleted> rate in the UK compared to here.

The OP should check what he can get as exchange rate there compared to the bank rates here that he can check on line.

Superrich online rate currently 37.35 v 37.6 (for over 50 GBP) which is only 0.7 % spread so you pay only 0.35 % from the mid rate. that must be better than you can get in the UK. its a lot better than the banks here where the spread is about 3 to 4%.

Spending on a Uk credit card (But not Cash advances) is not as bad as it may sound and means that you dont have to carry cash around. You get the middle rate of exchange at the time although you pay the fixed 2 to 3 % charge depending on your bank. I understood that It was European rules that introduced the mid rate requirements. i dont know yet if it will change if UK leaves the EU.

Don't forget Boris and Brexit October 31. The rate can easily go down to 30 baht without a deal.

8 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Please excuse my differing opinion, but the baht for pounds exchange rate in U.K. is appalling, incurring such a huge loss that I would advise to bring U.K. pounds here and change at the money changer on the street here in Thailand !

If you have to change pounds you do it at Superrich at the airport,not at a money changer on the street.

But it seems everybody have forgotten about a possible hard Brexit October 31. The Pound can easily go down to 30 baht.

5 hours ago, emptypockets said:

I don't think I have ever heard of a genuine tourist being denied entry for anything, least of all having 20k baht.  Note I said genuine tourist which to me means a person who visits for maybe 2 or 3 weeks and then goes elsewhere,  usually home. 

Unless you look like the now very unpopular begpackers in BKK. 

On 8/27/2019 at 11:10 AM, GalaxyMan said:

I agree. What country wants to have baht, whereas Thailand wants all of the foreign currency it can get its hands on. You'll most always do better changing your currency when you get to Thailand, but not at the airport!

Super Rich have a kiosk at the airport down in the basement near the sky train entrance.

Bring GBP in the new £10 plastic notes as used defaced/damaged old paper £20 notes will be rejected.

10 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

Super Rich have a kiosk at the airport down in the basement near the sky train entrance.

Bring GBP in the new £10 plastic notes as used defaced/damaged old paper £20 notes will be rejected.

Don't bring anything other than mint condition or at least unmarked condition £50s unless you want to knock off another 100 Baht, the rate is always better for £50s