TM30 Q&A Facebook Live Session 29 Aug 19:00

I am a German National with Asian Ethnics, who grew up in Germany and is working in Thailand via work permit now. My dad is Thai and my mom Indonesian.

My dad is Thai, and I live in his house in Thailand, now the thing is, my dad is moving around from Thailand to Germany and vice versa, in between the season, since he is retired now. 

The thing is, when he is not in Thailand at the in order to fill out the TM 30 form by himself, do I practically have to send the document back to Germany to let him fill it out, or can I fill the document out by myself on his behalf, (because he is not in Thailand right now at this critical time).

A brief current hassle of mine: I recently got my business visa renewed yesterday the 27th August at Chaengwattana immigration, and today Wednesday, the 28th August, I went to Samut Prakan immigration again for my 90 days report, and apparently the officer requested that TM 30 form, and since I was kind of baffled and lost, I had quite a struggle with the immigration officer, at first in order to explain my situation, because according to the TM 30, the houseowner would have to register me and fill in that TM 30 document within 24 hours after I officially extended my business visa... But now, since my Thai dad, the owner went back to Germany 2 days ago, there would be no one who would just fill in that form and register me in the Samut Prakan immigration.... In the end the Sammut Prakan Immigration officer had mercy with me and gave me my 90 days report......

Based on my case above as your reference,....

How do you, as a tenant/work permit holder, deal with these kind of situations, if the actual owner of the house is not in Thailand all the time, in case you have to hand in that TM 30 form, as requested??? Any suggestions?

Furthermore, is it true now, that if you as a guest/tenant, or in my case as work permit holder, I have to re-register my stay with my Thai dad, the owner, every time, that I travel outside of my actual province and stay overnight at other provinces, like Pattaya, Rayong, wherever??" Or is there any way, that the tenant can do the TM 30 procedure on the owner's behalf, if the owner is not residing in Thailand at the moment?

My point is, my Thai dad, the owner, is not always in Thailand,....

Thank you for your clarification in advance.

Edited by MaxLee

Not a question … just sharing my experience this week at Chiangmai Immigration .....

Today Mon 26 Aug 2019 I went to Immigration … the task was to have someone help me get my THAI wife registered in the TM30 App … which is really the 'Section 38' App .… so we can register foreign visitors (and myself) for the TM30 online.

Went to the 3rd Fl. and asked for help about 1:20pm … old uniformed Imm.Office said I should do it at home at https://www.immigration.go.th/

But he couldn't help (as he was too slow on computers himself)

Fortunately ten mins later one of the young girls arrived (from lunch) and took over a keyboard .… fired up internet explorer … and filled in the online registration form for us.

There was an Eng/Thai button somewhere on the page BUT … most fields had bilingual instructions.

Remember that we were registering for my THAI wife .… documentation needed … Wife Thai ID … House Tambion Bond .… and (strangely) also my passport.

Two documents were uploaded .… pics of House Tambion Bond and my Passport … the immigration girl actually took the pics with her phone and uploaded.

My wife also needed an email address !! 

All data went in first time … although slow connection … and after completion got the following notification .… see below

Now we apparently have to wait for Bangkok to approve … they will then send an email to my wife with user name / password .… officer said that usually only takes 1 working day.

I'll let you know how that goes.

I reckon I could have done it easily at home .… I should have been a little more patient … and used Microsoft Browser.

Finally on the way out I saw the following notice on the 3rd Fl.wall ..… about being open at weekends and holidays

Looks like Immigration are open for TM30 at weekends and holidays.

0ADE537B-05CF-4015-995F-57A52C0BF522.jpeg

7BDF3187-68A6-4BC8-904E-F781E6AB7683.jpeg

5F8164D4-92C5-4327-9128-46DC4D3E0C80.jpeg

82EC28E8-501F-4DCE-BEAC-0A515FC12140.jpeg

E1483D1B-8C8A-4C91-86EB-075E8491733B.jpeg

53273202-3010-4DF5-A39D-E6A56A9F114A.jpeg

Edited by Jai Dee
Font resized
  • Sad 1

IMHO we are making the TH30 a bigger issue than necessary … I am told it is Thai Law and therefore we need to apply it if staying in the country.

I feel that Immigration in Chiangmai has changed a lot over the past couple of years … all for the better .… they are open longer, more efficient, polite and often flexible … so Kudos to them.

I'm not so sure I could be so polite seeing how some Farangs act … loud, short tempered and embarrassingly confrontational.

Immigration are slowly embracing the Internet .… I can already do the 90days and soon TM30 online.

F1E0B8A9-F006-431D-BD95-DDFFA1BD7071.jpeg

• Sad 3

1.  Why is my landlord still waiting for 10 out of 12 passwords (he owns 12 condos)? It has been more than 2 months.  The same information was provided for all 12 so he isn’t “missing” anything.

2.  Why was immigration unable/unwilling to rectify the situation even after he (my landlord) made a personal visit to Changwattana to try to sort things out?

Edited by Airalee
  • Like 2

Background and question below:

I have successfully registered and have received my logon.  When I next return Thailand I would like to report Tm30 online.  My question is what documentation is required.

My initial thoughts are passport page, entry stamp, tm6,  visa or extension of stay if applicable.  Would I need to resubmit copies of blue book and house papers or are they already linked to my account?

At the moment I haven’t got the section 38 app that may be easier, I will download when next over.

My question is: Why would a person who is applying for a visa extension be fined and have their application refused because their landlord refused to submit a TM30. As I understand the section 38 law it is not a tenants responsibility to submit the TM30. How do you make a Landlord (Thai or not) submit the TM30 if they don't want to?

Also is there another form (TM28) that is supposed to be submitted by the "foreigner"? If this is the case then if the TM28 has been submitted by the "foreigner" the Visa extension application should be processed and a visit made to the Landlord by the Immigration police and him/her fined, not the tenant.

• Like 2

Seeking to clarify a couple of points regarding the initial TM30 Registration Process and the subsequent Reporting online (assuming Registration is approved and user name/password confirmed).

My circumstances : I have lived in Thailand for almost 20 years and have renewed Retirement Extensions every year since 2004. The most recent Retirement Extension was approved in July 2019 whilst  my latest 90 Day Report was completed in August 2019. My Thai wife (married 11 years) owns our house and holds the Blue Book in her name. I have Yellow Book, pink ID card. My travel occasions have been  minimal and have not been out of Thailand since late 2005, nor been outside Province since 2016. It is however my understanding that TM30 requires that my wife as house owner is required to report my arrival within 24 hours of my returning from any future overseas or overnight stays outside my home Province. 

Accordingly I seek to submit appropriate documentation/details for the initial Registration process, for which I have a couple of  queries:

1. Should the Registration Form  be completed and submitted in my wife’s name given she is  the House Owner ? Am I correct in assuming the Registration cannot be completed in my name ?  

2. What documents should be attached ?

3. Registration Form requires an e-mail address….as my wife does not have one can mine be used ?

Assuming the Registration is approved I understand a “User Name” and “ Password” are issued to enable appropriate log on to complete an online Report. Can the online Report only be completed by my wife or would I be able to log on using the same User Name and Password and thus complete the information for her ? This would be helpful to her generally but also overcome circumstances where it is impractical to  complete the report within 24 hours (for example...I return home from a few days in Bangkok but she is not able to return home for a further few days being overseas, in a different part of Thailand or even in hospital,)

Most grateful for any clarification and guidance. 

Referring to my earlier case:

My Dad, a retired Thai National, is not currently in Thailand right now, in order to fill out and proceed the TM 30 form at Samut Prakan immigration as I have extended my Non-Immigrant B-Business Visa,.... and technically it is passed the 24hour limit....

What do I do now? 

Can I for example ask my cousin, who is our neighbor to do it on my dad's behalf? 

MaxLee If your father is a Thai national, then so are you. Why are you stuffing around with visas and work permits? Get a Thai I'd card.

4 hours ago, MaxLee said:

Referring to my earlier case:

My Dad, a retired Thai National, is not currently in Thailand right now, in order to fill out and proceed the TM 30 form at Samut Prakan immigration as I have extended my Non-Immigrant B-Business Visa,.... and technically it is passed the 24hour limit....

What do I do now? 

Can I for example ask my cousin, who is our neighbor to do it on my dad's behalf? 

3 minutes ago, swoods58 said:

MaxLee If your father is a Thai national, then so are you. Why are you stuffing around with visas and work permits? Get a Thai I'd card.

Long story short, I was born and raised in Germany, so I have German Nationality. Even though I have Thai ID card, I am not sure whether I lose my German Citizenship automatically....

secondly, if I travel between Thailand and Germany, I'm not sure if I can use both passports during the Thai immigration check ins....

Hi there,

It appears that my landlord travels around the world and his son (Chai), who has signed the rental contract, does not have any means to get in contact with his father.

The house book is empty and it showing only the address.

Immigration in Phuket told Chai that he need to get a Power of Attorney form signed by his father to do the TM. 30 on his behave.

Is there any other way to get the TM. 30 registered with Immigration or do I have to find another house?

My question: My wife and I are American. Several years ago we purchased a small house. The house occupies land for which we have signed a 30 year lease. Having just retired, we anticipate spending 3-4 months yearly at the house, while traveling around Thailand and the region. What would be required of us regarding the TM30, and what would be required of the land owner?

My wife (dual US and Thai citizen) and I (US citizen) will be staying at a condo that is rented by my wife's cousin. We got the cousin to help us find a condo and signed the lease under the cousin's name for us.

My understanding is that I being on a Non-immigrant O will need a TM30.

My question is who files the TM30? The landlord? My wife's cousin? Or Me?

And what info/docs is needed to file it?

Thanks!