Malvertising?

JetsetBkk

It's telling you the website contain malicious advertising....that is, advertising links which can install malware on your computer.  It's just saying the website you are visiting is known to have spread malware.  Up to you if you want to take the chance and visit that website as you have been warned.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pib said:

Well, lord knows their is PLENTY of advertising links on ThaiVisa.  It could be a Malware Bytes false warning.  I use Norton 360 and haven't got any warning...but I also use one of those features we are not suppose to talk about regarding the many ads on ThaiVisa.

I don't mind the adverts as long as they're off to one side. But I don't like the videos that play in the bottom right corner - e.g. for Sea World Resorts - because they cover the posts that I'm trying to read and some of them don't appear to have a "Close" button.

I'm now using Opera with a VPN, in case the problem is an extension in Google Chrome.

Edited by JetsetBkk
  • Like 1

The good news is - it's not Thaivisa. I just got this while going to Facebook, with no other tabs:

malvertising2.jpg.aec216d5780b7b05341ab37dc92e90c2.jpg

Must set Opera as my default browser and see what happens.

Edit: Now on Opera. Added [*.]thaivisa.com as exception to its ad-blocker sites.

Edited by JetsetBkk