Leaving Thailand without TM30 in passport

A friend has a problem that I can't answer. He has been in Thailand for under 90 days on a number of occasions. He has (And had before) a one year multiple entry non-immigrant O (Not O-A) visa based on retirement. 

He stays with his girlfriend in her house, but only recently (Older person and not always up with events, which is why I am asking for him) heard about the TM 30 form. He is quite happy to fill this in, in the future, but is going home soon, and is worried that when he presents his passport at Emigration in Swampy, they may be looking for a TM30 slip.

1) Is this the case, do they check for them?

2) If it is the case,  what is likely to happen when they don't find one, what will they do?

3) Would they look back at previous visits?

Any help would be appreciated..........thanks.

On the more general topic, how is anybody supposed to find out about TM30?

They don't advise you about it when you get your visa

They don't advise you about it when you arrive at Immigration

If you are the sort of person who keeps to yourself and lives a simple life here in the country, without much contact with other Falangs, how would you know.

A little information sheet on A5 tucked into your passport at Immigration, wouldn't that simple move be helpful? 

1 hour ago, Nigel Garvie said:

1) Is this the case, do they check for them?

No.

It is not the responsibility of a tourist to submit a TM.30 report.

2) If it is the case,  what is likely to happen when they don't find one, what will they do?

n/a

3) Would they look back at previous visits?

No.

Any help would be appreciated..........thanks.

Tourists do not need to submit or worry about a TM.30 being submitted; unless they apply for an extension of stay, when immigration might not issue an extension unless a TM.30 report is on file or made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

On the more general topic, how is anybody supposed to find out about TM30?

They don't advise you about it when you get your visa

They don't advise you about it when you arrive at Immigration

If you are the sort of person who keeps to yourself and lives a simple life here in the country, without much contact with other Falangs, how would you know.

Imagine the positive effect on the tourisme numbers... welcome in the land of ....TM's ?
TM6, TM28, TM30, TM47

Book a tour, day by day excursion, hotel-immigration office every day another city, leave the immigration office, just time enough to travel to your next city/hotel... next morning the local immigration office awaits you... another TM28 for you and a TM30 for the landlord...

Don't worry, feel safe and welcome...

The best what TAT can offer.... 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your replies. Actually I was talking about emigration i.e. leaving, but I guess that's what you mean by Immigration, that is covered by the Immigration department. 

46 minutes ago, My 2 cents said:

Imagine the positive effect on the tourisme numbers... welcome in the land of ....TM's ?
TM6, TM28, TM30, TM47

Book a tour, day by day excursion, hotel-immigration office every day another city, leave the immigration office, just time enough to travel to your next city/hotel... next morning the local immigration office awaits you... another TM28 for you and a TM30 for the landlord...

Don't worry, feel safe and welcome...

The best what TAT can offer.... 

Absolutely, but the documents would not have to be given to tourists, on the grounds that they would - at least in theory - be staying in places, hotels etc - where they would not be concerned with TM30s which would be the responsibly of the place that they stayed.

3 hours ago, elviajero said:

Tourists do not need to submit or worry about a TM.30 being submitted; unless they apply for an extension of stay, when immigration might not issue an extension unless a TM.30 report is on file or made.

And if they do not stay in hotel?

18 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Thanks for your replies. Actually I was talking about emigration i.e. leaving, but I guess that's what you mean by Immigration, that is covered by the Immigration department. 

Absolutely, but the documents would not have to be given to tourists, on the grounds that they would - at least in theory - be staying in places, hotels etc - where they would not be concerned with TM30s which would be the responsibly of the place that they stayed.

The TM28 does concern the tourist the moment he or she changes his adres...
Further, the TM30 reporter , who does report the foreigner arriving, also has to notify the foreigner leaving.... So Imigration does know that you are not at such or such adres...
Normally nothing to worry about TM28, but now the head of Phuket immigration stated that they will enforce that to...

Imagine , i travel a lot, arriving at a hotel late at night and leaving before even breakfast... things will be getting crazy...