Elite Visa and TM30

JUST PAYING ?

Thai Elite or not > Is it possible not to do it at all, and just pay at the end of the year (or at renewal of visa) whatever total fine there is to pay ?

Or is there any other penalties or risks associated with non filling, other than monetary ?

6 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Forgive me but I didn’t read all the email you posted as it looks like they’re just quoting the TM30 rules. They confirmed that they cannot and have no plan to get involved in helping members. I believe they assist with 90 days but it’s irrelevant to me so I didn’t ask about it. What I asked was that if I leave the country regularly will I get a full year stamp every time I return until my visa expires. The answer was yes and that means I shouldn’t need to go to CW for 5 years. THAT is what it’s all about for me!

Thanks. I asked because there have been so many complaints of inconsistency in answers received, particularly about TM30 and TM28 requirements. My enquiry was about getting the TE Visa transferred from my old passport to my new one. An unbelievably complex exercise, god knows why. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

You’re the only one who seems to think I’ve bought something. Really before you start bickering get some facts behind you.

What you wrote here is unclear. I assumed that you had decided to buy the Elite visa as you could use the money tied up in a bank for other purposes and the cost of the visa 'goes a long way to covering the cost (of lost interest having your money in the bank doing nothing)'.

I can invest the money I’d have sitting doing almost nothing here. I’ve done my calculations and whilst I’m still giving the money away, I feel it’s worth it because I can never use the money tied up here unless I leave or change visa. The loss of interest goes a long way to covering the cost.

15 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

They do not know what they are talking about.  A hotel will not issue you a TM-30, it is electronic reporting and the government will have it on record.  If you rent a place, you are equally on the hook to make sure a TM-30 has been filed.  If your landlord will not do it, you must do it and you will be fined if not done on time. That is the bulk of the bitching that is coming from expats that rent, we are on the hook to make sure it is filed or we get fined or denied 90 reporting or denied or fined for visa extensions.

I haven't heard of any TM30 receipt either and/or there are many cases where none is given. How can they demand this when we can't provide it? What are TE holders doing about this?

14 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

I went to the TE office today because I’m considering buying the visa (family option). They confirmed that TM30 must be done by the member. They cannot/will not assist. I suggested this should be raised with their directors as it’s a deterrent to many people.

I also asked about reports id heard that they might be extending their service to DM airport. Definitely not at this time. I suggested this too might prove attractive to people like me considering buying the visa.

Spouse and I have thought about the visa for a while now and the recent financial changes to extensions have made buying the visa worth considering. For us, having 5 years without having to visit CW (hopefully) and not tying up all the cash is very appealing. I can invest the money I’d have sitting doing almost nothing here. I’ve done my calculations and whilst I’m still giving the money away, I feel it’s worth it because I can never use the money tied up here unless I leave or change visa. The loss of interest goes a long way to covering the cost.

If you get the TE visa do you no longer need to do 90 reporting? I thought that did not go away. Or are people doing it just online? Does the online system provide a receipt or proof since you wouldn't be getting a stamp if done online?

Why would you need a TM30 for a 90 day report?
I have done my last 5 - 90 day reports online and it took me about 5 minutes and of course they can not ask you for a TM30 online.
I only see immigration once a year to have my picture taken when I extend my retirement visa for another year and have an agent take care of it - or if I return from abroad to update my TM30 which takes about 10 minutes.
Looks like this TE program I was looking at a few years back is nothing but lots of promises and a waste of money?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, wasabi said:

If you get the TE visa do you no longer need to do 90 reporting? I thought that did not go away. Or are people doing it just online? Does the online system provide a receipt or proof since you wouldn't be getting a stamp if done online?

TE will do it for you, although now I believe want to see a TM30 receipt. 

The requirement still exists unless you exit the country every 90 days. 

7 hours ago, Ashto said:

Thanks. I asked because there have been so many complaints of inconsistency in answers received, particularly about TM30 and TM28 requirements. My enquiry was about getting the TE Visa transferred from my old passport to my new one. An unbelievably complex exercise, god knows why. 

TE were very clear with me yesterday that they have no control or influence over immigration. Without speaking the actual words it was made very clear to me they’re as frustrated as we are. The concept of Elite suggests preferential treatment and privileges. Of course here it’s misused. The benefits are purely the 5 year visa and fast tracking.

When I had to have my extension transferred to my new passport it was stupidly complex even though I was doing it at the same time as my new extension. Another lovely day at CW doing nothing but hanging around.

Honestly I have to say I have only ever had one extremely unpleasant IO, determined to be as difficult as possible. Every other one has been fine just dealing with a Stone Age system.

56 minutes ago, boonrawdcnx said:

my TM30 which takes about 10 minutes.

Don’t forget that it might be 10 minutes for you but for others it could be a day's work.

Whether the TE is a waste of money depends on how you value a 5yr visa and not having to spend hours/ days at CW. As yet I’m undecided but I’m edging towards buying it. 

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What you wrote here is unclear. I assumed that you had decided to buy the Elite visa as you could use the money tied up in a bank for other purposes and the cost of the visa 'goes a long way to covering the cost (of lost interest having your money in the bank doing nothing)'.

I can invest the money I’d have sitting doing almost nothing here. I’ve done my calculations and whilst I’m still giving the money away, I feel it’s worth it because I can never use the money tied up here unless I leave or change visa. The loss of interest goes a long way to covering the cost.

I’m not sure what’s not clear to you. I most probably will, but haven’t yet decided for sure.

17 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

My experience today was very different from your phone call, all my questions competently answered

could it be, maybe your expectations and mine are (could be) completely different,