Elite Visa and TM30

I've a 20-year elite and I don't like to bother with 90-day or TM30 as long as the Immigration has my correct address. Elite office will 90-day but I am not sure if any 90-day from Elite office was rejected due to non filing of TM30? Can some elite member confirm this? If they are rejecting 90-day report from elite office for not filing TM30, I would fly to Singapore or Tokyo before 90-day is due which is next week.  I don't have any need to visit immigration in near future. 

4 hours ago, wasabi said:

Would be great if Thailand Elite team starts assisting with TM30 but I have not heard any reports that they are (yet) Curious if anyone knows different.

You are currently required to do the TM30 yourself before even booking an appointment for things such as having your visa affixed to passport, visa transferred, etc.

Elite refused to do my 90 days report until I gave them a TM30 receipt. What a hassle. I will not be renewing my elite membership, as an elite member of Thailand these kind of things should be handled by them, not me. I don't care if it's the landlord responsibility or not, the elite staff should contact the landlord themselves and sort these things out.

• Thanks 2

I have done one 90 day report since I received my TE membership in March. I have never submitted a TM-30 in all the years I've lived in Thailand. TE was able to do the 90 day report (at CW) for me without the TM-30. Whether this was just a "one time deal," I don't know.

32 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

Elite refused to do my 90 days report until I gave them a TM30 receipt. What a hassle. I will not be renewing my elite membership, as an elite member of Thailand these kind of things should be handled by them, not me. I don't care if it's the landlord responsibility or not, the elite staff should contact the landlord themselves and sort these things out.

Might I ask when this refusal occurred?

If this is going to be TE's policy going forward, then the value of the visa just took a huge hit.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

Elite refused to do my 90 days report until I gave them a TM30 receipt. 

I asked TE when I first heard about the TM30 a few months ago and yes, they neither offered any „support“ with regards to the TM30 and, like mentioned by JohnnyBKK, they also wouldn’t handle the 90 days report without a TM30 receipt. 

As a result, I spent a nice weekend in Vietnam and will continue to file my 90 days report online. It’d be great for TE to offer a better service but then again, personally, I was and still am only interested in the 1 year stamp in my passport. All other “services” are irrelevant or at best “nice to have” imho. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

it is an expensive worthless piece of paper

I almost did when my crazy a.wipe ex tried to do everything to get me out of thailand...

This is the text of the e-mail I received from TE on May 25th in response to my inquiry re: TM30 requirements...

Dear Mr. "_________"

Greetings from Thailand Elite Customer Contact Center

In reference to your latest email regards the TM.30 Form, we have consulted with the concerned department and been informed that, the receipt of TM.30 is strongly requested by the Immigration Officer. If any foreigners do not have this document, they will be refused to do the immigration process (visa/stay extension/90 days report). However, if you would like to try to drop your passport off at our office (with no receipt of TM.30), we will try our best to do the 90 days report on behalf of you to the immigration officer, however, we could not guarantee that your 90 days report could be done without TM.30 depends on the immigration officer’s consideration.

Alternatively, we do recommend you to liaise your housemaster for this requested document for being able to drop your passport off at our office even after May 30th as the 90 days report is still acceptable to do by Thailand Elite within 7 days after the due date.

We do apologize for any inconvenience and hope your kind understanding for this matter would be highly appreciated, as the immigration bureau is very strict on their rule.

Best regards,

"___________"

Customer Contact Center 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashto said:

Extract of an email today from Thai Elite attached. I’m sure they’ll tell you if you ask them.

C9570393-AFC8-4794-A296-12EBCDD47CB0.jpeg

They do not know what they are talking about.  A hotel will not issue you a TM-30, it is electronic reporting and the government will have it on record.  If you rent a place, you are equally on the hook to make sure a TM-30 has been filed.  If your landlord will not do it, you must do it and you will be fined if not done on time. That is the bulk of the bitching that is coming from expats that rent, we are on the hook to make sure it is filed or we get fined or denied 90 reporting or denied or fined for visa extensions.

Edited by DrPhibes
Content Change
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyBKK said:

You made the mistake of thinking you would get anything useful for your money. Once they have it they don't care.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I went to the TE office today because I’m considering buying the visa (family option). They confirmed that TM30 must be done by the member. They cannot/will not assist. I suggested this should be raised with their directors as it’s a deterrent to many people.

I also asked about reports id heard that they might be extending their service to DM airport. Definitely not at this time. I suggested this too might prove attractive to people like me considering buying the visa.

Spouse and I have thought about the visa for a while now and the recent financial changes to extensions have made buying the visa worth considering. For us, having 5 years without having to visit CW (hopefully) and not tying up all the cash is very appealing. I can invest the money I’d have sitting doing almost nothing here. I’ve done my calculations and whilst I’m still giving the money away, I feel it’s worth it because I can never use the money tied up here unless I leave or change visa. The loss of interest goes a long way to covering the cost.

2 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Might I ask when this refusal occurred?

If this is going to be TE's policy going forward, then the value of the visa just took a huge hit.

I was interested in their services thus before to committing to anything I placed a call asking for specific answers to specific questions including, (but not only) TM 30,  and the staff answering was not very keen to provide detailed answers that didn't please me nor cover their "offered" services, thus decided to keep doing the extensions.... as someone said once they get your money.... will say next on line please

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I was interested in their services thus before to committing to anything I placed a call asking for specific answers to specific questions including, (but not only) TM 30,  and the staff answering was not very keen to provide detailed answers that didn't please me nor cover their "offered" services, thus decided to keep doing the extensions.... as someone said once they get your money.... will say next on line please

My experience today was very different from your phone call, all my questions competently answered

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

My experience today was very different from your phone call, all my questions competently answered

Were the answers you received consistent with the information in the email they sent me today which I posted above?

9 minutes ago, Ashto said:

Were the answers you received consistent with the information in the email they sent me today which I posted above?

As a member I can tell you, nobody helps you for tm30. And they wont help you neither for 90 days report if you don't have the receipt of tm30.

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

They do not know what they are talking about.  A hotel will not issue you a TM-30, it is electronic reporting and the government will have it on record.  If you rent a place, you are equally on the hook to make sure a TM-30 has been filed.  If your landlord will not do it, you must do it and you will be fined if not done on time. That is the bulk of the bitching that is coming from expats that rent, we are on the hook to make sure it is filed or we get fined or denied 90 reporting or denied or fined for visa extensions.

And actually, the foreigner, when reporting himself/herself, should do a TM28, not a TM30, which is for hotels and hosts only.

TM28:

FORM FOR ALIENS TO NOTIFY THEIR CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR THEIR STAY IN THE PROVINCE FOR OVER 24 HOURS 

Your local police station must be notified of any change of address within 24 hours

TM30:

NOTIFICATION FROM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED 

MUST NOTIFY THE IMMIGRATION DIVISION IF LOCATED WITNIN BANGKOK AREA 

MUST NOTIFY THE LOCAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE IF THERE IS NO IMMIGRATION OFFICE LICATED IN THAT AREA THE LOCAL POLICE OFFICIAN MUST BE NOTIFIED

Link to official form download.

21 minutes ago, Ashto said:

Forgive me but I didn’t read all the email you posted as it looks like they’re just quoting the TM30 rules. They confirmed that they cannot and have no plan to get involved in helping members. I believe they assist with 90 days but it’s irrelevant to me so I didn’t ask about it. What I asked was that if I leave the country regularly will I get a full year stamp every time I return until my visa expires. The answer was yes and that means I shouldn’t need to go to CW for 5 years. THAT is what it’s all about for me!

34 minutes ago, khunPer said:

And actually, the foreigner, when reporting himself/herself, should do a TM28, not a TM30, which is for hotels and hosts only.

Any foreigner who owns a property reports themselves by doing a TM30, or any foreigner who is a housemaster/ possessor reports themselves doing a TM30. (there is no host)

TM30 is "an alien stayed here"

Tm28 is for a  change of address and not enforced.

Edited by Peterw42

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Any foreigner who owns a property reports themselves by doing a TM30, or any foreigner who is a housemaster/ possessor reports themselves doing a TM30.

Except in Phuket.

59 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Any foreigner who owns a property reports themselves by doing a TM30, or any foreigner who is a housemaster/ possessor reports themselves doing a TM30. (there is no host)

Foreigners owing a house is their own host/house master.
TM28 form says "aliens to notify their stay in the province..."

TM30 form says "Notification form for house-master, owner or the processor of the residence where alien has stayed".

See more here...