Bangkok Immigration Office

I live in Nong Khai but will apply for a non-imm O (marriage) while in Bangkok early next month. I have to go to the my Embassy to get proof of pension, and really DON'T get on well with the arrogant a-hole from Nong Khai immigration. I prefer to do it in Bangkok. I have three questions.

1. Will Bangkok Immigration tell me to go to the Nong Khai immigration office?

2. Assuming I have all the proper documents, do they issue the visa same/next day?

3. Where is the BKK Immigration office?

There's a post at the top of this forum that lists phone numbers, but no addresses.

• 2 weeks later...

Back from Bangkok without visa.

They now require pictures of your house (inside and outside) with you and your Thai spouse in each picture.

Also -- they do NOT issue the visa immediately. They'll call you in about a month to come get it.

Maybe I'll just go home, it's easier than dealing with these people and their silly rules.

Edited by Texpat

Sorry when you said same day or next was thinking it must be retirement even though you said married at start - marriage is always at least a 30 day wait and yes photo are normally requested.

I got my " married" extension last month in Chiang Mai, and did not need to show any photographs at all!

The paperwork we needed was passport, and photo copies

letter from embassy

wife's ID card

marriage certificate..

tabien baan..(thai house book)

It was very friendly and and very quick.... the whole process took under one hour, including the interview.

Went back the following month,and the passport was waiting there..

It took me longer to park the car than to collect the passport!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Funny how my initial 1-year Non-O was granted in Los Angeles in about 20 minutes without the anal "How much money you got" questions.

In Thailand they delve into hours-long questioning and scruitinize accounts, pensions, home, car, etc.

For what? A shitty one-year visa. My wife has a green card that allows her to live and work in USA for 10 years -- that was easier to obtain than this marriage visa.

Just one final thought and this thread can die quietly.

It's a very good thing Thai men aren't held to the same standard of spousal support as farangs.

Few would be qualified to live here.