Good computer guy.?

ivor bigun

47 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Nothing much ,just got 2 pcs one running xp,and one windows 7,just wanted to see about upgrades or some work on 7 to be able to download torrents and stuff ,minor problems i think for a computer guy

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Let us know what he suggests and for how much before he does anything.

Also, post the model numbers of the PC to help us to identify the current specifications, to give us an idea of what may be possible on the upgrade front.

I will always suggest using a Seedbox for Torrents, rather than uploading from your own device.

12 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Nothing much ,just got 2 pcs one running xp,and one windows 7,just wanted to see about upgrades or some work on 7 to be able to download torrents and stuff ,minor problems i think for a computer guy

Surprised you still run the XP one, also Microsoft plan to withdraw support for Windows 7 early January, 

8 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Thank you for your not helpfull post.

How would he know that his post was unhelpful? You, after all, are unable to tell us anything about your PCs. Other than XP and Windows 7 are installed. Nor are you able to do anything with them on your own. So hardly exuding PC knowledge.

So how would he know that you knew about support ending for Windows 7?

How would he know that his post was unhelpful? You, after all, are unable to tell us anything about your PCs. Other than XP and Windows 7 are installed. Nor are you able to do anything with them on your own. So hardly exuding PC knowledge.
So how would he know that you knew about support ending for Windows 7?
Sorry to one and all when i thanked him for his post i did not realize that he didnt know that i knew winfows 7 was being stopped ,and thought he was being unhelpfull, it was all just tongue in cheek,
Anyway looking at my computer that i was given with windows 7 its a coolpop smart pc ,never heard of them before, cant find any model no. Sorry anywsy can we start again [emoji3]

2 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Sorry to one and all when i thanked him for his post i did not realize that he didnt know that i knew winfows 7 was being stopped ,and thought he was being unhelpfull, it was all just tongue in cheek,
Anyway looking at my computer that i was given with windows 7 its a coolpop smart pc ,never heard of them before, cant find any model no. Sorry anywsy can we start again emoji3.png

Not a problem. Humour doesn't always translate with the written word. That's why we have emoticons. ????

Installing and running CPU-Z: http://download.cpuid.com/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.90-en.exe will give you the option of generating a report of the hardware installed within your PC. it doesn't give away any identifying information(unless you have named your PC with your full name.

If you are concerned about that, you can send the report via PM.

So you run CPU-Z and it will open a GUI;

untitled-1.png.f931f9b4dc4ab1fd8258576bf3c5722a.png

At the bottom, you will see the Tools button. Click on the downwards pointing arrow and choose Save Report as .HTML

Choose to save it to your Desktop or wherever you like.

Then you need to upload that file and post the link here or via PM.

http://www.datafilehost.com/ will do. Open page, click on the Browse button, navigate to where you stored the .HTML report. Double click to insert it and then click Upload.

Post the resulting Download link here...or via PM.

Not a problem. Humour doesn't always translate with the written word. That's why we have emoticons. [emoji6]

Installing and running CPU-Z: http://download.cpuid.com/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.90-en.exe will give you the option of generating a report of the hardware installed within your PC. it doesn't give away any identifying information(unless you have named your PC with your full name.

If you are concerned about that, you can send the report via PM.

So you run CPU-Z and it will open a GUI;

untitled-1.png.f931f9b4dc4ab1fd8258576bf3c5722a.png

At the bottom, you will see the Tools button. Click on the downwards pointing arrow and choose Save Report as .HTML

Choose to save it to your Desktop or wherever you like.

Then you need to upload that file and post the link here or via PM.

http://www.datafilehost.com/ will do. Open page, click on the Browse button, navigate to where you stored the .HTML report. Double click to insert it and then click Upload.

Post the resulting Download link here...or via PM.
Right,i will talk to my son tomorrow and see if he knows what to do ,as per your instructions
Ps i can switch on and off by myself now after him instructing me lol[emoji23]

40 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Right,i will talk to my son tomorrow and see if he knows what to do ,as per your instructions
Ps i can switch on and off by myself now after him instructing me lolemoji23.png

Don't put yourself down. Just follow the instructions.

If there is something that you don't understand, simply ask and we will go through it step by step.

You should be proud of your achievements, not your failures.

Too many of the older people here seem proud to be seen as inept. You are not. So don't act that way.

Make your son proud.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you please pm me the number of the person who will make house calls, my computer will not connect to my wifi this happened after an update windows 10, i took the computer to a restaurant and could connect to there wifi, when i ask for available networks mine is not listed, i did connect to a new pad with no problem, my knowledge of computers is very low. 

Hi all.
Well i spoke to a computer guy that i used a long time ago in Pattaya2u just at the back of tukcom in the end my computer was upgraded to windows 10 pro and they transfered everything from my old xp including all my favourites,its now got more gb and is far faster,also put an antivirus on ,total cost for parts and labour 2700 baht ,it is far faster

Thanks for all advice,and i must say the guys that did it were very helpful.

11 hours ago, seeyoujimmy said:

Could you please pm me the number of the person who will make house calls, my computer will not connect to my wifi this happened after an update windows 10, i took the computer to a restaurant and could connect to there wifi, when i ask for available networks mine is not listed, i did connect to a new pad with no problem, my knowledge of computers is very low. 

It is possible your Wi-Fi is only broadcasting on the 5G band.   Have you tried to connect a phone to your home network. (At least see if the network is visible).

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is possible your Wi-Fi is only broadcasting on the 5G band.   Have you tried to connect a phone to your home network. (At least see if the network is visible).

Yes my phone is still working and a new pad i just bought, the notebook was working ok till the last update. 

34 minutes ago, seeyoujimmy said:

Yes my phone is still working and a new pad i just bought, the notebook was working ok till the last update. 

My point, which is actually unlikely, was that a wireless network can be either 2,4GHz or 5 GHz.  (or both). My old laptop cannot see the 5G signal... It did not come included. My newer pad, sees both. You already stated your notebook works with a different Wireless Network, so Wi-Fi is enabled. 

Have you tried the troubleshooter (right click over Network Symbol or Start..Settings... Network and Internet...Network Troubleshooter)? 

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

My point, which is actually unlikely, was that a wireless network can be either 2,4GHz or 5 GHz.  (or both). My old laptop cannot see the 5G signal... It did not come included. My newer pad, sees both. You already stated your notebook works with a different Wireless Network, so Wi-Fi is enabled. 

Have you tried the troubleshooter (right click over Network Symbol or Start..Settings... Network and Internet...Network Troubleshooter)? 

Yes tried that, it just stated not connected to a network, and that was my knowledge finished.

On 9/6/2019 at 12:56 PM, ivor bigun said:

wow, I can tell you that description is very scary for most computer guys, unless willing to pay by the clock.

Archived