Korean Lady Found Floating In The Sea Off Koh Larn

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: March 21st 2007

Korean Lady Found Dead in Sea

The body of a Korean woman was found floating out at sea near the Had Tien Beach off Koh Larn Island.

At 1.00pm on 20th March, the Pattaya Police were informed that a foreign woman had drowned at Had Tien Beach, Koh Larn Island, therefore informed the Sawang Rescuers and requested them to bring her body back to mainland Pattaya.

The woman is a Korean national, aged about 30 – 35 years old. She did not have any ID on her, therefore her name is unknown.

Residents told the Rescuers that she was swimming alone at Had Tien beach. Then it started to rain heavily and everyone got out of the water onto the beach but she continued on swimming alone. After the rain stopped, the residents saw the woman floating face down in the water, they rushed to help but she was already dead, so they pulled her body to shore and informed the officials.

The police think that she developed a cramp while it was raining and no one saw her because everyone was sheltering on the beach.

The police are at the moment investigating who she is and will contact the Korean Embassy for further proceedings.

The body of a Korean woman was found floating out at sea near the Had Tien Beach off Koh Larn Island.

At 1.00pm on 20th March, the Pattaya Police were informed that a foreign woman had drowned at Had Tien Beach, Koh Larn Island, therefore informed the Sawang Rescuers and requested them to bring her body back to mainland Pattaya.

The woman is a Korean national, aged about 30 – 35 years old. She did not have any ID on her, therefore her name is unknown.

Residents told the Rescuers that she was swimming alone at Had Tien beach. Then it started to rain heavily and everyone got out of the water onto the beach but she continued on swimming alone. After the rain stopped, the residents saw the woman floating face down in the water, they rushed to help but she was already dead, so they pulled her body to shore and informed the officials.

The police think that she developed a cramp while it was raining and no one saw her because everyone was sheltering on the beach.

The police are at the moment investigating who she is and will contact the Korean Embassy for further proceedings.

Lets see..........how many people carry id on their person when going for a swim duh

Lets see..........how many people carry id on their person when going for a swim duh

It is always a good idea to name-tag your clothing, (not for the reason of sudden death), but so identification is easy at laundry services etc.

See link below:

Clothing Tags Information

Ok, I will bite.

If the body carried no ID, how did the police know that her country of origin was Korea?

:o

Maybe her clothes/bag on the beach had a trace....Korean book/newspaper ?

LaoPo

The things is that Koreans look like Koreans to me,they look different than other asians

maybe they look like Koreans to the Thais as well :o

Do you think you can tell a Korean from a Japanese ?

Naka.

Ok, I will bite.

If the body carried no ID, how did the police know that her country of origin was Korea?

Koreans usually are not alone, they stay in groups like lemmings, following each other where ever the leader is going to. So probably this Girl was not Korean at all. If there should be a follow up, we will see.

The things is that Koreans look like Koreans to me,they look different than other asians

maybe they look like Koreans to the Thais as well :D

Naka.

Yes I do.... :o

Ok, I will bite.

Koreans usually are not alone, they stay in groups like lemmings, following each other where ever the leader is going to. So probably this Girl was not Korean at all. If there should be a follow up, we will see.

That's debatable. The only Korean I met in Mexico was with two Israelis and three Americans. And she wasn't following like a lemming, although she did jump off the cliff with us when we dove and swam together at the lake. :D

And speaking of stereotypes being unreliable, the Korean girl I know has a best friend who's Japanese.

You all forget that it's the locals residing there who've reported seeing her and also that they had actually seen her swimming alone. So, she probably had a few conversations with a few residents there prior to her misfortune. These residents could have provided the clue of her nationality.

maybe they look like Koreans to the Thais as well :D

Naka.

Yes I do.... :o

I very much doubt it!

I've lived in a few Asian countries, including Korea, and I wouldn't be able to seperate them from Japanese. The reason being the Chinese and Japanese (never mind Mongolian) occupations of Korea, mixing with a small gene pool... I could not tell a korean person from a Japanese person, or many Chinese people - until they speak.

Jason