Fastest Way To Suvarnabhumi From High End Sukhumvit

ashacat

I know I should know this sort of thing after living in BKK for years :o but.... what is the quickest way to get from Prakanong area on Sukhumvit to the new airport at around 5pm on a weekday?

I am considering jumping straight into a cab outside Sukhumvit 67 and getting onto the expressway just after Prakanong Soi 71 (Is this possible? I have never actually seen an entrance to the expressway there??) and then following the expressway all the way to the airport.

Is this the best idea? Will this be the fastest way to go at 5pm on a weekday? I would be willing to try an alternative such as using a motorbike or skytrain for part of the journey to avoid traffic if this helps.

I am unable to leave my house any earlier than 5pm and the plane leaves at 8pm....

Thanks

I know I should know this sort of thing after living in BKK for years :o but.... what is the quickest way to get from Prakanong area on Sukhumvit to the new airport at around 5pm on a weekday?

I am considering jumping straight into a cab outside Sukhumvit 67 and getting onto the expressway just after Prakanong Soi 71 (Is this possible? I have never actually seen an entrance to the expressway there??) and then following the expressway all the way to the airport.

Is this the best idea? Will this be the fastest way to go at 5pm on a weekday? I would be willing to try an alternative such as using a motorbike or skytrain for part of the journey to avoid traffic if this helps.

I am unable to leave my house any earlier than 5pm and the plane leaves at 8pm....

Thanks

This is probably your best solution given the time of day. The tollway entrance is a few hundred meters on your left past the Sukhumvit 71 junction and just before the bridge over the Phrakanong Canal. Your travel time should be comfortably less than one hour.