Residency Certificate from Chiang Mai Immigration.

19 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Yes stupid on my part to think maybe they are cleaning up corruption.

This bit about paying 1000 baht for expedited C of R seems to be the last shred of corruption left at the CM Immigration office and it's fairly common at other Immigration offices, although not as long or expensive. 

Fortunately, I'm able to use the U.S. Consulate and will gladly give them $50 for the breezy in-and-out service from cheerful people for when I need a C of R every five years for a DL renewal.  Normally, I'm not a big fan of giving money to the USG, but the folks at the US Consulate do a splendid job and I'd much rather visit there than CM Immigration.

I once needed a residency certificate to purchase a motor scooter. The appropriate office was then located at Promenada. I was told that it would take two weeks to get the certificate. However, I was also told that if I went downstairs to a certain room, I could get it sooner. Off I went and sure enough, for 500 baht I had the letter in hand the next day.  

On 9/10/2019 at 3:08 PM, Nowisee said:

Perhaps it requires the requestor indicating there is urgency in the matter and 3 weeks is too long.

When i bought a car and went to CW to get a certificate to register the car they told me if i need it quick to go to the USA embassy and pay the $50. Which i did.

My friend in Hua Hin walked in to immagration and got his there for 500 baht on the spot! I guess it depends on where you are?

6 hours ago, onekoolguy said:

When i bought a car and went to CW to get a certificate to register the car they told me if i need it quick to go to the USA embassy and pay the $50. Which i did.

My friend in Hua Hin walked in to immagration and got his there for 500 baht on the spot! I guess it depends on where you are?

If you have an extension of stay on a OA, show a lease, have a Thai drivers license, why the hell do you need a certificate of residency from either immigration and especially from the US Consulate?  It's no different from the income letter, same no verifying authenticity from either place.  Just a wad of paperwork and photos.  Senseless IMO.  

On 9/10/2019 at 12:48 PM, Vacuum said:

Many moons ago, they were free and you got them within 10 minutes.... But since then, greed have developed amongst the officers.

Still are in Chiang Rai - or at least they were in February...