Is the Thai government trying to motivate expats to leave Thailand?

redbull707

Hey guys (and ladies),

Does anyone have any information about the Thai governments action plan for Thailand's expat community?

I'm American and my government just sold Thailand's Army 16 state-of-the-art tanks. Thanks to the trade war with China, Thailand and the USA are best friends. Has the USA gotten Thailand paranoid about terrorism to the point where Thai's are blaming foreigners for it? Or maybe our countries want us back and they are working with Thailand about that? Thailand has always depended on foreigners to prosper... even in the Ayutthaya "golden age" when the Portuguese were running politics behind the scenes and supplying the kingdom with weapons to fend off Burma. So what gives? 

Thailand has slipped down 7 spots in the world expat rankings (Thailand was #20, now #27 in one year!) while Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Portugual and Singapore hold the top 5 for 2019.

Over the past few months, we have been attacked with TM-30's and, recently, dual pricing for hospitals. Yes, Coconuts reported a quiet piece of legislation saying that after 30 Sept, all foreigners (expat and tourist) will pay more than Thai at all public hospitals.

So what's going on politically?

Should expats be worried?

I've never known Thailand to be xenophobic. I've been protecting the environment here and inspiring locals to speak English since 2012.

• Haha 2