Wife beating jailbird shot dead by police in downtown Songkhla

rooster59

Wife beating jailbird shot dead by police in downtown Songkhla

shoot4.JPG

Image: Thai Rath

Two policemen on a patrol motorcycle went to a house on the Tha-It Road in downtown Songkhla after reports of a violent argument between a man and his wife. 

Anurak Thongkham, 36 - recently out of jail after serving time on an attempted murder charge - emerged from the property with his wife on the back of a motorbike. She had blood coming from her head after being pistol whipped.

Thai Rath said that as the police and couple on the other bike crossed paths Anurak pulled out a carbine and shot at L/Cpl Attachai Noppradit hitting him in the back. 

He was wearing a bullet proof vest that saved him. 

shoot1.JPG

The lance corporal then fired two warning shots in the air but the suspect did not give up. The policeman who had been riding pillion shot at Anurak and hit him in the stomach.

The couple came off the bike and were both taken to hospital. Anurak later died. 

shoot2.JPG

Investigators found the couple's bike and the police vehicle on their sides close to each other. 

Justice for both sides has been promised even though Anurak shot first, reported the Thai media. 

shoot3.JPG

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-14

What kind of weapon is that on the car bonnet? Is it the "carbine" referred to in the article? If so, it looks to me like it might need two hands to aim and shoot, making it a tad difficult to ride a bike, I'd hazard a guess.

I wonder sometimes about the talents of the editors and sub-editors, as well as the journalists, terms like "jailbird" making it into reports.

So much DFV committed in Thailand, I wonder why, is this because of gender bias/ inequity/ lack of education?

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I wonder sometimes about the talents of the editors and sub-editors, as well as the journalists, terms like "jailbird" making it into reports.

So much DFV committed in Thailand, I wonder why, is this because of gender bias/ inequity/ lack of education?

Jailbird takes up less space than recidivist and is so much nicer. 

Rooster

"The couple came off the bike and were both taken to hospital. Anurak later died."

Posters praising the cop who fired the kill shot, yet it easily could have hit the woman and/or caused her death in a cycle crash (and I'm sure the husband didn't tell her "Be sure to wear your helmet" after (allegedly) beating her.

My guess would be that this clown has been causing problems for countless people since he was a kid. I would also make a guess that not even his mother is going to miss him. She realizes the peril now, of telling a boy how special he is, before he has accomplished anything in life, or proved himself to his family, his community or the nation. Just another deadbeat, worthless, insect.

A small man of no value to society on any level. Somehow, the oxygen smells a little bit better today. 

On 9/14/2019 at 12:21 PM, Dexlowe said:

What kind of weapon is that on the car bonnet? Is it the "carbine" referred to in the article? If so, it looks to me like it might need two hands to aim and shoot, making it a tad difficult to ride a bike, I'd hazard a guess.

looks a design suitable more for a pillion passenger to use...

maybe a Bonnie and Clyde gone to seed? 

On 9/14/2019 at 4:35 AM, Jack Mountain said:

"Wife beating jailbird" Who is beating who? Took me some time to find out ...

grammatically, "who is beating whom?" Nonetheless, Thai males  are insecure in so many ways, BUT the end result is their abuse of a woman- wife or whatever. And ths has to stop

On 9/16/2019 at 11:21 PM, spidermike007 said:

My guess would be that this clown has been causing problems for countless people since he was a kid. I would also make a guess that not even his mother is going to miss him. She realizes the peril now, of telling a boy how special he is, before he has accomplished anything in life, or proved himself to his family, his community or the nation. Just another deadbeat, worthless, insect.

A small man of no value to society on any level. Somehow, the oxygen smells a little bit better today. 

Yes- no value- for whatever reason(s), yet this continues..the women who are caught up in all of this are always disregarded. And those Thai men- who for whatever reason beat their partner. This is NOT "normal", yet people don't question anything.  And until they question that, then all people will be just like those who look the other way.

So much for Buddhist thinking.....it's fairly obvious that the "faux" monks.....and all of the "alms" has been suspect. What does that say? To me. it says that even Buddhist "motives" have been proven to be suspect. And so---you give alms for whatever.These Buddhist - supposed monks are unbeknownst to you, just as corrupt as anyone. Yet those who have an infallible belief, have no anything to question this "scam".

Obviously evidence of supposed "Thai" monk whatever.The news at how a supposed monastery who "somehow" schmoozed everyone that they were taking care of tigers. Let me tell you this......not only are Thai "monks" unlike their initial "whatever", they now have a reputation of killing or contributing to tigers demise. And as as I always thought, Asians would kill anything- funny how non-Asians think otherwise. When Japan hoarded dolphins for slaughter, then  realized that  detest Asians.

Archived