New passport and question on thai driver's license

PattayaKevin

15 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

can I continue to use my old licenses

Yes.

Go immigration and they will update your new passport which they write in the old passport number on the new opening page..

I carry a copy of of passport in wallet and a photo on my mobile phone.

No urge to change DL.

When extending DLs they simply changed to new number.

Going to immigration to copy stamps is recommended after you have your new passport.

Do you have Thai bank accounts? With internet access?

Do you have a SIM registered with current passport?

In both cases recommended to update passport number which can be quite an adventure as unknowing clerks are overburdended (was locked out from internet access after they changed and forgot about internet).

It took me two years to notice that the old passport number is on the car insurance policy :wacko:

No need to do anything re Driving license or bank or SIM lol that's just silly had 3 different passports since I've been here. DL updates on renewal bank we'll never once have they questioned having a new passport.

SIM lol they have you on record with old passport if they wanted to trace you if you broke the law your old passports are linked to new by immigration so therefore the police anyway.

Never once registered a SIM with my passport anyway why would you? Simple get a Thai to buy you one on there ID 

• Confused 2

No need to do anything re Driving license or bank or SIM lol that's just silly had 3 different passports since I've been here. DL updates on renewal bank we'll never once have they questioned having a new passport.
SIM lol they have you on record with old passport if they wanted to trace you if you broke the law your old passports are linked to new by immigration so therefore the police anyway.
Never once registered a SIM with my passport anyway why would you? Simple get a Thai to buy you one on there ID 

Unless you lose track of the old passport and you want to withdraw money or change something on the accounts lol.

Been there done that...

I've just come back with my old and new passports (renewed in the UK) and had to show both as my one year visa and re entry are in the old one.

The new passport was stamped for entry and I didn't have any problems.

The officer was really helpful told me to keep both and show them at my local I.O. when I do my next 90 day report in December.

Sadly I lost 10 months from my old one as I would not have had enough time that is now required left on it to renew my retirement visa ( 3 months )

Busby

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:53 PM, BUSBY said:

I've just come back with my old and new passports (renewed in the UK) and had to show both as my one year visa and re entry are in the old one.

The new passport was stamped for entry and I didn't have any problems.

The officer was really helpful told me to keep both and show them at my local I.O. when I do my next 90 day report in December.

Sadly I lost 10 months from my old one as I learned  would not have had enough time that is now required left on it to renew my retirement visa ( 3 months )

Busby

I have had yet again received some great information and advice from Darren of Key Visa and how to progress to transfer my visa from my old passport to the new one.

I had originally planned to renew my passport with Key Visa in the new year prior to extending my annual permission to stay but due to damage and IO comments on my way out decided to do it while I was in the UK.

I wasn't willing to take a risk of not being allowed back in and also the timing of the renewal had an influence on my decision and consequently sacrificed the ten months  left.

Darren gladly provided me with a letter from the Embassy to enable the transfer of the existing visa and due to the circumstances was kind enough to post one via EMS at no cost to myself.

I am happy based on my experiences with Key Visa to highly recommend seeking advice and assistance in the first instance by their website intercepted personally and dealt with by him unless it is a routine non urgent enquiry in which case his reception are more than capable and willing to offer assistance as I found out.

Busby