Intelligent Thai Films or TV shows?

themechanic

What are some intelligent Thai language films that are interesting or substantial (such as historical or technical/documentaries) to watch?

I believe that watching films and TV is a great way to learn a language, especially the accent and pronunciation. I taught myself how to speak English from watching Cartoon Network and HBO before I started to interact with actual white skinned native speakers.

If you like nature, I was enjoying a program every Saturday and Sunday early morning called 'The Wonderful Animals'. It was on Ch. 9 in Bangkok. Recently it has not been showing and I haven't been able to find it on YouTube or anyplace else. It was a bit easier for me to follow the Thai than other programs because they explained what the animals were doing in a straight forward fashion, no goofy sound-effects that drive me crazy, and it's a subject I'm familiar with. I'm hoping to find it, or something similar, again.

The intelligent and substantial part is difficult.

But I think there are some entertaining and professionally made Thai movies which were made for the cinema. I think some comedies are entertaining and they use, as far as I can tell, "normal" language which "normal" Thais use everyday. Personally I don't understand everything they say but a reasonable part. With Thai soap operas, which my girlfriend looks all the time, I understand very little.

The video below if from one of the professional movies - Pee Mak Phrakanong 

Archived