AIS SIM 2 Fly Asia

AAArdvark

Has anyone used the AIS SIM 2 Fly Asia add on service?  I have a current AIS plan and from what I can gather, you can get an add on of 6GB 4G data  for 8 days for ฿299.  Looks like it is possible to sign up from your phone.  I was just wondering if it actually works.  Some countries require a passport for a SIM to work.  In particular, I will be using it in the Philippines.  Yes, I know SIMS are available all over the Philippines but this is a reasonable price and much more convenient.

33 minutes ago, shady86 said:

Yes it works. I have used it during my trip to Japan last year. Depending on country, its much cheaper than getting a local sim.

I didn't know you can sign in from phone. I got it from ais shop.

They have a web page that seems to say that if you already have AIS, you add on the service by typing in a series of numbers.  It is supposed to be activated automatically when you arrive in the new country and can be added on up to 60 days in advance.  This makes it super easy, if it works.

https://www.ais.co.th/roaming/sim2fly/en/

They have a web page that seems to say that if you already have AIS, you add on the service by typing in a series of numbers.  It is supposed to be activated automatically when you arrive in the new country and can be added on up to 60 days in advance.  This makes it super easy, if it works.

https://www.ais.co.th/roaming/sim2fly/en/
I checked that uses esim and you need the latest iPhones to use it. I bought mine at ais shop. Basically it's a Thai local no and you need to activate it once you want to start using data at destination.

Yes it works fine....load your Sim2Fly sim up before you leave with baht, or even your regular Thai sim with baht (you can transfer it over to your sim2fly any time). If you travel longer than expected you can then add on days. Keep an eye out for your sim2fly expiration date, you can extend it by a month by loading it up 20 baht at a time at the kiosk.

Archived