Return Of The Green Screen

The Dan Sai Kid

I was surfing today and came across the good old MICT green screen.

Has anyone heard of why it's back? Well, I know why it's back - but is this all on the back of that Burmese bint that had a racey video on youtube?

It never went away, and by the by there was no 'racy' Burmese 'bint' as you put it, that was a fake story in the thread.

Regards

well, I haven't seen it since around the time of the coups - it did go away.

Why was youtube blocked in LOS a couple of weeks back? I thought I saw an article from another website about that.

No it has never gone away, however the targets were for a time specific Thai issue sites which might not be in your usual focus, :o

The 'article' was a fake and that did annoy me at the time, since formatting a joke in such a way is in my view bad internet form. As to why, well the key suggestion was it was tied to the 'mad doc' case but as was discussed only last week the actions of the block process is at best problematic, something, in fairness, the joke was trying to highlight.

Regards

/edit typo after dead connexion//

Edited by A_Traveller

Why was youtube blocked in LOS a couple of weeks back? I thought I saw an article from another website about that.

Well it is weird one as I was at a mates place today and saw it the same old window that vanished here from my browsers back in December 2006, so yes as soon as I got home I tried the same pages and I got them 100%.

So here is the quandry, we both have the same ADSL ISP, but on the opposite sides of town, so it seems not all sub-nets are the same, does it.

Back to you experts to quantify

Edited by youbet

Well it is weird one as I was at a mates place today and saw it the same old window that vanished here from my browsers back in December 2006, so yes as soon as I got home I tried the same pages and I got them 100%.

So here is the quandry, we both have the same ADSL ISP, but on the opposite sides of town, so it seems not all sub-nets are the same, does it.

Back to you experts to quantify

The position is that there is not one big {or little} firewall of Thailand. Presently blocking is done primarily at ISP level, which is actioned down through the network, which can result in one user of a service seeing a site and another user of the same service losing it. Further the direction to route to Police cybercop or MCIT are not always clear or more accurately not implemented with skill. This leads to 'DNS' issues as opposed to seeing a cybercop screen.

As I said there was some discussion in the analogue about this and the view was that things were so poorly coordinated that there was not even a single point of contact for approval or blue penciling of specific sites within the responsible arenas.

Regards

/edit add primarily & end of last para //

Edited by A_Traveller