DTAC users, please help

arfandy

Here's my situation.

I have 2 DTAC numbers, sequential numbers (for both myself and wifey). Both simcards were topup with 500 baht each, extended about 6 months of validity (expected expiry date is December-January), all done right before i leave Thailand last May 2019.

I was expecting to return to Thailand by December 2019 but somehow the plan has been indefinetely postponed to July 2020.

I can ask my brother in law to topup another 100 baht each month via 7-Eleven starting January but then he told me that DTAC simcard will be auto-terminated if there is no activity (sms/call/buy internet package) within 90 days after last activity regardless the validity period or amount of credit. (I recall this was never the case few years ago until simcard registration was implemented and i had to lose my perfectly lucky number DTAC simcard with 2800 baht credit on it! Yeah, i didnt neither expect DTAC cust service in Bangkok would give me that look of GTFO when i confronted her and begged to reactivate that 5000 baht simcard with the last 5-digits was 55555)

I've emailed DTAC cust support but to no avail regarding these two synched DTAC numbers. Still awaiting for their replies since a month ago and i honestly dont think they will care. Hence,

How do i check if my DTAC is still active today? I cant use dtac app, neither get that confirmation sms to login to dtac app. I've inserted dtac simcard hoping that it will be auto-roaming but zero signal. I've tried to login via webpage but still, i needed that sms confirmation code to access my accounts.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm sure it's been posted many times before. Adding large amounts of credit is just not sensible, when you can extend for a year for as little as 24 baht.

DTAC  –  Extend your validity for up to 365 days at a cost of 2 Baht per month.

• Press : *113*30*9# for 30 days extension.  Cost 2 Baht
  • Press : *113*60*9# for 60 days extension.  Cost 4 Baht
  • Press : *113*90*9# for 90 days extension.  Cost 6 Baht
  • Press : *113*180*9# for 180 days extension.   Cost 12 Baht
  • Conditions: Must activate SIM for at least 90 days or have usage of 200 THB.

Always recommended to activate Roaming before you leave Thailand. That way you can apply these codes whilst abroad.

Doesn't seem as if you have done that;

1. Activate roaming service call *118# or 1678 dtac call center before travelling
  2. To check available package and service fee in each country, click here
  3. Check your International Service service prior to your departure at *1018.

You can call them to check if your SIM is still active; +662-202-8100

If so, they may be able to extend validity for you to a full year, deducting 2 baht per month. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 9:16 AM, arfandy said:

I can ask my brother in law to topup another 100 baht each month via 7-Eleven starting January but then he told me that DTAC simcard will be auto-terminated if there is no activity (sms/call/buy internet package) within 90 days after last activity regardless the validity period or amount of credit.

The DTAC SIM can be topped-up indefinitely, minimum for DTAC is B50 online (maybe less at 7-11) and each B50 gives another 30-days validity.  As long as you have credit and unexpired validity the SIM will remain valid.  Non-use of the credit does not invalidate or shorten the expiry date of the card.

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The DTAC SIM can be topped-up indefinitely, minimum for DTAC is B50 online (maybe less at 7-11) and each B50 gives another 30-days validity.  As long as you have credit and unexpired validity the SIM will remain valid.  Non-use of the credit does not invalidate or shorten the expiry date of the card.

His problem is that he cannot check validity from his current location because either the SIM has failed or roaming was not enabled and the required log in SMS cannot be received. 

To @arfandy I think your best bet is to get someone in Thailand to pop into a DTAC shop and explain the situation, hopefully they will help and maybe get roaming enabled for you, it's unlikely both SIMs have failed.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:16 AM, arfandy said:

How do i check if my DTAC is still active today?

Get your friend in Thailand to call your number, if it's invalid it won't ring out, he'll get a message of some sort, if its still valid it'll just ring out.

Alternatively, get your friend to call Dtac, explain the situation and they will help you.  I had a similar situation with a friend of mine who is out of Thailand for the foreseeable future but wanted to keep his Thai number valid.  I called (AIS in this case but no reason for there to be any difference), explained the situation and that I wanted to top up and keep his SIM valid for him, even though the SIM would not be used for anything until his return.  They confirmed the balance, the validity expiry date and told me the minimum that would have to be topped up to keep extending the validity.

If you know someone to trust here in Thailand (Your brother in law or a friend)

you can sent your simcard by letter to him and he top up it a litttle bit

(20 bahts in Dtac store or minimum 100 bhats in 7/11) and you have your simcard back 

when you arrive here (Or before by letter if you want use it from the airport)

it's low (2\3weeks for the letter to arrive) but cheap and sure.

probleme solved

6 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

If you know someone to trust here in Thailand (Your brother in law or a friend)

you can sent your simcard by letter to him and he top up it a litttle bit

(20 bahts in Dtac store or minimum 100 bhats in 7/11) and you have your simcard back 

when you arrive here (Or before by letter if you want use it from the airport)

it's low (2\3weeks for the letter to arrive) but cheap and sure.

probleme solved

Crazy. ????

The best thing to do is simply call them. They will give an answer and if necessary, a solution, on the spot.

Edited by JamJar
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JamJar said:

Crazy. ????

The best thing to do is simply call them. They will give an answer and if necessary, a solution, on the spot.

Yep, do that

call one of these useless call center and enjoy the silly and inaccurate answers

of course if they first understand your question, always a challenge

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Sad 1

On 9/24/2019 at 2:51 PM, The Fat Controller said:

As above, did you activate ROAMING before you left Thailand ?

I did not. However, i bought 6 months validity extra because i thought i would return this year. However, the return plan got postponed till next year.

As long as my simcard validity is not being cut off because zero activity over 3 months, i could always ask my relative to topup 50baht per month via 7-E

4 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yep, do that

call one of these useless call center and enjoy the silly and inaccurate answers

You clearly know nothing about the DTAC call centre or the abilities of it's staff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

You clearly know nothing about the DTAC call centre or the abilities of it's staff.

True

however the OP give himself a small indication about the ''abilities'' of the DTAC staff

in his first post  

...''I've emailed DTAC cust support but to no avail regarding these two synched DTAC numbers. Still awaiting for their replies since a month ago and i honestly dont think they will care''....

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

True

however the OP give himself a small indication about the ''abilities'' of the DTAC staff

in his first post  

...''I've emailed DTAC cust support but to no avail regarding these two synched DTAC numbers. Still awaiting for their replies since a month ago and i honestly dont think they will care''....

So absolutely no reflection on the DTAC call centre staff, then.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yep, do that

Why the Troll like defensive replies?

The call centre can easily solve the issue on the spot. The can utilise their JaiDee Day Giveaway service to extend his validity to the max and also reactivate the SIM if possible.

Waiting a month for a reply was not sensible in any way.

Service rates

2 THB service fee for 30 day extension

6 THB service fee for 90 day extension

12 THB service fee for 180 day extension

Service rates above are VAT included.

No need to top up 50 baht per month. A waste of time and money and completely crazy to even think about sending the SIM by post.

Call centre, as suggested earlier by KD, can solve all issues.

Many possibilities to call Thailand for as little as 0.5 baht per minute. So that should not be an issue. In fact a friend or family member can call on his behalf, as long as they know whose name is on the account. They can just state it is he.

So simple.

On 9/24/2019 at 4:34 AM, KneeDeep said:

DTAC  –  Extend your validity for up to 365 days at a cost of 2 Baht per month.

• Press : *113*30*9# for 30 days extension.  Cost 2 Baht
  • Press : *113*60*9# for 60 days extension.  Cost 4 Baht
  • Press : *113*90*9# for 90 days extension.  Cost 6 Baht
  • Press : *113*180*9# for 180 days extension.   Cost 12 Baht
  • Conditions: Must activate SIM for at least 90 days or have usage of 200 THB

Yes this is the solution. 

But better to get a postpaid subscription instead of prepaid so you can get a monthly bill.