Finished my TM 30 adventure

So last time I registered online for my TM30 with the android app. I received a message that my registration was successful and awaiting my username and password. This was in the Kalasin Changwat.

Nothing had arrived on my trip to Pattaya so at immigration I tried to get my user name and pw, but was told this is Pattaya not Kalsin, have to go to Kalasin. So did the paper TM 30 at Pattaya immigration for stay at wife's house.

Back to imm. Kalasin, lovely smiling people, couldn't find a record of my registration (hence no reply for UN and PW), but when we put in my wife's name and details we found my application. Even though mine was in English. All good.

So the nice guy with an ipad hustled up a username and password and completed my first online TM30 for me.

So it's a little hit and miss, but good result and big hug to imm. Kalasin for nice smiling, friendly people.

One day Swampy imm may be the same?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

The only problem here is that you are not suppose to get all of this but your landlord should.

So while I have experienced a similar experience which make my life much easier now and I thanks the officer at the immigration for their help, isn't it the responsibility of your landlord to declare your arrival, all of course for security reason and the national interest. So now you can register whoever you want at your landlord property. Is this in the spirit of the TM30???

But of course, I am not complaining about this, just questioning the process and the reason given by authority justifying the existence of the TM30

The only problem here is that you are not suppose to get all of this but your landlord should.
So while I have experienced a similar experience which make my life much easier now and I thanks the officer at the immigration for their help, isn't it the responsibility of your landlord to declare your arrival, all of course for security reason and the national interest. So now you can register whoever you want at your landlord property. Is this in the spirit of the TM30???
But of course, I am not complaining about this, just questioning the process and the reason given by authority justifying the existence of the TM30
My landlord is my wife. She used to fill in the forms and we'de take them to imm. Easier for me to go online and do it using the app. Same with the 90 day report. Easy to do online.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, catch104 said:

Its the responsibility of THE OWNER, THE HOUSEMASTER "OR" POSSESSOR. Read a TM30 form or have a look at the online website/app, the term landlord is not used.

Yes, once you are registered as the owner, housemaster or possessor, you can report anyone you want at the property, that is the spirit of the TM30. The person who chiefly occupies a property reports others that stay at the property.

There are 3 categories of people responsible for TM30s, a landlord would be a subset of the owner category.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

If you live in your own house (wifes house) then it is the responsibility of the house master, whoever that may be on the Blue Book !!

Its not just who is in the blue book, house master has a broad definition in section 4 of the immigration act.

“House Master” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

If you permanently have a toothbrush in the bathroom you are the housemaster.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, carlyai said:

So the nice guy with an ipad hustled up a username and password and completed my first online TM30 for me.

I have my user name and password, but I am unsure what to put in the form. I left the country about 4 years ago and did my TM30 at the cop shop on my return. They gave me a receipt. Imm not happy with that as they said I should have came to the Imm office. It was in Nan at that time, 4 hours drive away! Current new office was not opened at that time, but they are upset as well. Go figure!

So ....... should ( can I) enter a date from 4 years ago in my form? Otherwise, what else can I enter on the form? Somewhat confused - sorry. ????

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

My landlord is my wife. She used to fill in the forms and we'de take them to imm. Easier for me to go online and do it using the app. Same with the 90 day report. Easy to do online.

You could be in Chiang Mai for that matter and she or you could say you are back home. Who's to know?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thequietman said:

I have my user name and password, but I am unsure what to put in the form. I left the country about 4 years ago and did my TM30 at the cop shop on my return. They gave me a receipt. Imm not happy with that as they said I should have came to the Imm office. It was in Nan at that time, 4 hours drive away! Current new office was not opened at that time, but they are upset as well. Go figure!

So ....... should ( can I) enter a date from 4 years ago in my form? Otherwise, what else can I enter on the form? Somewhat confused - sorry. ????

Hi, I suggest that you create a new topic with the questions you have.  It is now in a different thread and chances are your 'off topic' request for info will be overlooked.

Also, do provide as much factual info as possible, e.g. in what province is the place where you are currently staying, are your renting or is it your own house or owned by your girlfriend, on what Visa / Permission to stay are you currently residing here, etc. 

6 hours ago, carlyai said:

Did you click on the "verifying your email address" in the email you received after registering? Straight after you're supposed to receive another email with username and a temporary password.

Did you click on the "verifying your email address" in the email you received after registering? Straight after you're supposed to receive another email with username and a temporary password.
Never happened. Even when I went to Kalasin imm. they couldn't initially find my registration using my name, age, arrival card no. Etc. Only found it when they entered my wife's information in Thai, even though I filled out the online form in English. I think the person who acknowledged the registration, re-wrote in Thai and filed it under my wife.

10 hours ago, stewartthailand said:

Jomtien immigration, yesterday, again confirmed, that as I am on extension retirement visa and staying at the same address, have an existing TM30 from 3 years ago in my passport, I do not need to do TM30 even when returning from outside Thailand.As I leave and return LOS every month - Happy days.

That's good news, and so it looks like the Jomtien IO enforcement pendulum has now gone from strict compliance to don't bother.

Entering Thailand again, you will have filled in a new entry/departure card (TM6) and the number of that new TM6 will not correspond anymore with the older number on your 3 year old TM30.  But who cares...

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

That's good news, and so it looks like the Jomtien IO enforcement pendulum has now gone from strict compliance to don't bother.

Entering Thailand again, you will have filled in a new entry/departure card (TM6) and the number of that new TM6 will not correspond anymore with the older number on your 3 year old TM30.  But who cares...

Jomtien Immigration has never been really strict about the TM30. CW in BKK is strict and some other offices. I also don't think that Jomtien has officially said that the TM30 doesn't have to be submitted after coming back from abroad.  And having a 3 year old TM30 receipt should be useless, because as you said yourself, the TM6-card number has changed and it's linked to the TM30. You can get away with an old receipt when applying for an extension because they very seldom check the last reported address at desk 8. But that's another story.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Are they ever going to make up their minds???  It seemed to me that they were making a lot more work for themselves than necessary. That is certainly not the norm with government officials in most countries. I would rather waste my time than have to pay a fine. Once they get the online system up to speed, it should be easy. The last I heard, they wanted only a Microsoft browser. I use a Mac. Have they liberalized the procedure since then???

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Are they ever going to make up their minds???  It seemed to me that they were making a lot more work for themselves than necessary. That is certainly not the norm with government officials in most countries. I would rather waste my time than have to pay a fine. Once they get the online system up to speed, it should be easy. The last I heard, they wanted only a Microsoft browser. I use a Mac. Have they liberalized the procedure since then???

First of all, Jomtien Immigration has never been really strict about the TM30 report. 

Second: It's been a while since the information about web browsers includes Chrome.

• Thanks 1