Non Immigrant based on Dependance

Having a Thai Child  now the subject of a Custody case by me, a Thai wife, legally married but now deceased, 4 years past, I was refused a Non "O" dependent vextension. because I do not have the child in my custody. I do have a current  extension based on Retirement. I also have two other Thai daughters, from a previous marriage. My question is despite a long period of residency in Thailand and Thai children born here in Thailand and two previous legal marriages  would I be forced to leave this country  if I could no longer apply for a retirement extension.  Does this also mean severing my relationship with my 6 year old daughter?

Edited by PlastikbinLina
minor spelling error

What is needed to apply for an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai depends upon the office where you apply.

You legally have custody of the child you had with your deceased wife. Is she living with you.

Custody is needed if divorced. Some offices will accept joint custody.

Most offices will want your child to be living with you.

it seems the office you tried at did not want to deal with doing the extension since it means more work for them plus it has to approved at the division headquarters they are under.

• Thanks 1