'It was time': maker of Barbie launches line of gender-neutral dolls

snoop1130

I reluctantly admit that I have gotten too old. I don't know whether to laugh or be outraged. I have no problem with saying "Ms" rather than "Miss" or with equal pay for equal work or with any consensual relationship between adults. I DO get the feeling that things are getting out of hand. That's a sure sign that I have become my father. ????

• Like 2

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Just another step in making America the most emasculated nation on earth. It is getting close. PC madness has taken over and it is a sure sign of cultural decline. 

What this has to do with America ?????????????

JEEEEEEZZZZZ

This stupidy is happening all over the world now. Yesterday i heared the news that from next year it is forbidden to use specific boys/girls pics on specific toys in France.

so this means no more pics of only a girl with a doll or a boy with car.

And more countries AND companies are thinking about that. Playmobil and lego already introduced puppets from female firefighters, male nurses, ...

Just wonder where this madness will end (if it is possible to end it).

What will be next? Barbie with no boobs and short hair or Ken with all Barbies accessories.

Or will we have the female hulk and spidergirl, batgirl and James? Maybe 7 female dwarfs and a male Snowwhite.

How stupid were those creators of those action heroes not to think bi sexual.

Like Greta like to say: Shame on you!

I checked my sister's Barbie 50+ years ago and didn't find anything there that verified it was actually a girl.  Yeah, she had boobs but they were plastic.  Oh, errrr, ....

And this gives me an excuse to tell my favorite Barbie joke:

a young woman is shopping for a gift for her little niece, and is looking at the Barbie display in the toy store.  A salesgirl comes up to her and offers assistance.  The shopper is confused by all the Barbie accessories,  and asks if these things are all part of one big package, or are the items sold separately, does Barbie come with Ken, etc.

"No" the salesgirl replies, "Barbie comes with GI Joe, with Ken she fakes it."

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

it ends like this. this was written 27 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outcast_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

Yeah, I refer to that episode as "Riker and the Planet of the Lesbian Feminists."  I've known a few household collectives in the SF Bay area back in the 1970s that the planet could have been based on.

Have you seen the documentary "Chaos on the Bridge"?