AEON atm

If AEON would not have limited max withdrawal to 20'000 Baht per transaction, they would be of interest.

But ATMs at certain banks allow to withdraw 30'000 Baht per transaction.

DCC option as default is indeed annoying but you can deny.

150/20'000 = 0.75%

220/30'000 = 0.73%

Withdraw 60'000 Baht:

2*220 = 440

3*150 = 450

Unfortunately the question about the new huge SCB ATMs (multi functional terminals) that claim to spend 200'000 Baht per transaction is open: how do they work with foreign cards?

At the miserable exchange rates I am not willing to try it :whistling:

Edited by KhunBENQ

46 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

If AEON would not have limited max withdrawal to 20'000 Baht per transaction, they would be of interest.

But ATMs at certain banks allow to withdraw 30'000 Baht per transaction.

DCC option as default is indeed annoying but you can deny.

150/20'000 = 0.75%

220/30'000 = 0.73%

Withdraw 60'000 Baht:

2*220 = 440

3*150 = 450

Unfortunately the question about the new huge SCB ATMs (multi functional terminals) that claim to spend 200'000 Baht per transaction is open: how do they work with foreign cards?

Your post assumes that people will always need to withdraw the maximum allowed.

It also assumes that their card will allow them to withdraw more than 20000 baht a time.

So you actually mean, "of interest to you". It will certainly be of interest to others. Most UK cards have a limit of £300 to £500 per day.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

I tried one of my US debit cards about a month ago in a SCB VTM....i.e., says it will give out up to Bt200K in one transaction. 

I was unsuccessful...and I tried three times....tried 30K, 20K, and 10K.  My card allows up to $1000 (approx Bt31K) per transaction/day....have used in many times here in Thailand in other ATM to withdraw Bt30K).  What would happen is everything would go fine until I pushed the final button where cash is suppose to spit out and then I would get an error on the screen...no money was spit out.

When I checked my US bank ibanking it showed six transactions....two per each withdrawal attempt.  Each withdrawal attempt showed one transaction deducting funds and then another transaction immediately crediting the money back. 

Edited by Pib
  • Thanks 1