Advise needed about dog

Duke30

Hello community,

I own a 7 months old bullmastiff(around 48-50 kilo/around 105 pounds), again it’s not American pitbull. Many Thai people will say that’s a pitbull when they see him. His character is quiet friendly to family members, kids and friends. He is friendly to dogs from neighbors aswell when they came over. In short he is socialized.

Now because of work I moved from Bangkok to Khon Kaen/Maha Sarakham, I noticed that people leave their dog outside the house. In short a lot of them roam free.(I don’t have anything against it, I am half Thai and also half German(DAD) and do understand how Thai people think about dogs and how they handle them)

Now I got in to arguments with Thai neighbors around the area.

Reason are:

They say don’t come and walk my dog in their area, they said that they fear their dog will get bitten. Now about this, my dog is on a chain and I never let go of him. Their dog always start to gang up on my dog like 3-4 of them(they roam around in front of their house).

So I argue that this isn’t their privat road and told them that they shouldn’t let their dog roam around the street unguarded and unchained.

About why I have to walk down the road is simple, every morning and evening vending I walk my dog in the park area and that’s the only road ???? to it.

I walk my bullmastiff for about 30-45 min 2 times a day. If not they can get overweight [emoji23].

When I argue with them about it and try to tell them that they are in the wrong and that they shouldn’t let their dog out and so on they get upset and tell me that I am on the wrong. I also said what would happen if their aggressive dog bite people and my dogs or other people dog(their dog are so frightening). I said that will lead only them to pay for damage and so on. Also try to educate them that they can get into trouble with the police if people report them(that what I would do if I were in Bangkok). I never raise my voice or try to argue much but seem that Isaan people get upset and start to shout when you tell them they in the wrong.(always get me surprise ????).

So how do you guys handle those kind of Situations? I been living in Germany and US for most of my life 29 years(I am 30 [emoji6] and single [emoji23]). If I was in this situation it simple to handle it, just call the police and animal control and they dog will be taken away from owner or put down. As stated I was living in Bangkok where the area is like close off and all the neighbors seems to know how to handle their pets and it’s also quite peaceful.

My other question:

What does happen if people come over your fence and steel things like flower and banana and so on. And it happens to be my dog is unleashed(on my close property) and somehow manage to bite them.

Someone said that they got bitten from my dog and I said that’s not possible as he is always in my property.

When I ask around I found out that family like to cut flowers or banana leaf and so on from other people property. Especially his mother, after every visit the temple she comes back walking on the bike and start to take other peoples flower and plants. Now please don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind giving you banana leaf (but not flowers haha) if you ask, all other neighbors that I get along will ask first before take it.

Now he showed me that he got bitten on the hand. And that’s quiet badly. He got dog bites on hand and arm.

He said he got bitten from my baby mastiff ????, to be honest I think it’s true what he says. Because the bite marks match my dog mouth lol, I train my dog to protect the property when I am at work and so. He is well trained,every day I train him on treadmill and so on.

Also train him not eat food from other people etc.... he only eat raw beef of lamb(allergic to any kind of chicken meat).

When he came over to my place, my dog acted like he wanted to maul him to dead and that’s why I knew he did something wrong. Otherwise my dog wouldn’t act like that.

My argument was also that my property is lock up and my dog can’t get out when I am at work. I said it can’t be my dog and that I didn’t see that my dog bitten him(in truth I know it was my dog 100%). I also said that he and his mother shouldn’t steel other people things( even when it’s banana leaf lol). I also mock him in saying if it’s was really my dog I hope he learned his lesson that stealing cost him more then just buying the banana leaf in the market haha. Every time I mention that he steal things, he start to shout at me and then leave haha(loose face lol)

Now I don’t know how to handle this if it happens again. He was lucky that he could get away from the bite. What I fear is what would have happen when my dog didn’t let go and rip off his arm and he dies from it.

What is the law and how Thai people handle it?

I know technically I am in the right as:

1. Close of property

2. Dog is on the property

3. Has even a sign which stated: BIG Boy Don’t thread passed the property

But:

1. People get hurt

What worries me most is when kids play football and they kick it over my fence and stupidly go over the fence to get it.

Again my dog is NOT aggressive, the same kid can come over my place and pet him without no trouble when I am there. And when I am not the same kid can get bitten to dead when he is protecting the property.

So my German friend that live in the same area that has a Rottweiler(my dog and his are besties) told me to get a surveillance system install on my property. Which I will do.

My only worries is even when I am in the right and people get hurt what happens? Can I get into trouble?

That’s my dog, I bought him from a breeder 3-4 months ago.

IMG_2578.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You being half thai should know by now you can not win . One of my staff insists beer is not alcohol and rice is not same as noodles, rice makes you fat, noodles does not.

ignore and keep doing what you doing 

for your dog safety , when you at work do not leave him outside as they will most likely try to poison it.

in regards to claims of been bitten, ask to see proof and witnesses and medical report . 

If you have a spare 10000 baht install CCTV outside your place .

i have a huge red nose pitbul, he is just a huge teddy bear but of course all neighbors were initially freaking out .

place where I live prior to me moving in was frequently robbed , not just my house but other houses.

since I moved in, not a single robbery or property damage of any kind .

cut the story short, my neighbors now bring snacks for him every morning and while still afraid, appear to be thankful he is here.

i never use to leave him outside in my garden when I was not home for fear of him being poisoned , but now he is ok to stay outside as not only he gets fed by the neighbors but also they keep an eye on him.

PS. Your boofhead looks adorable 

PPS. I think breeder lied, either he is mixed with a pitbul or is a pitbul. His face is nothing like bullmastiff.

have a look what bullmastiff look like https://www.google.com/search?q=bullmastiff&rlz=1CDGOYI_enTH828TH828&hl=en-US&prmd=ivmn&sxsrf=ACYBGNRXY1ONHhf4m6fqDCAXWA8cPpJyJQ:1569728924286&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwja2bP3j_XkAhUJPY8KHTiMDQQQ_AUIFigB&biw=375&bih=627

5 minutes ago, BestB said:

You being half thai should know by now you can not win . One of my staff insists beer is not alcohol and rice is not same as noodles, rice makes you fat, noodles does not.

ignore and keep doing what you doing 

for your dog safety , when you at work do not leave him outside as they will most likely try to poison it.

in regards to claims of been bitten, ask to see proof and witnesses and medical report . 

If you have a spare 10000 baht install CCTV outside your place .

i have a huge red nose pitbul, he is just a huge teddy bear but of course all neighbors were initially freaking out .

place where I live prior to me moving in was frequently robbed , not just my house but other houses.

since I moved in, not a single robbery or property damage of any kind .

cut the story short, my neighbors now bring snacks for him every morning and while still afraid, appear to be thankful he is here.

i never use to leave him outside in my garden when I was not home for fear of him being poisoned , but now he is ok to stay outside as not only he gets fed by the neighbors but also they keep an eye on him.

PS. Your boofhead looks adorable 

PPS. I think breeder lied, either he is mixed with a pitbul or is a pitbul. His face is nothing like bullmastiff.

have a look what bullmastiff look like https://www.google.com/search?q=bullmastiff&rlz=1CDGOYI_enTH828TH828&hl=en-US&prmd=ivmn&sxsrf=ACYBGNRXY1ONHhf4m6fqDCAXWA8cPpJyJQ:1569728924286&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwja2bP3j_XkAhUJPY8KHTiMDQQQ_AUIFigB&biw=375&bih=627

oh he is mixed, been to the vet and he said it was a mix type of mastiff. 

Most of the time he is inside the house. Camera will be installed next week.

Someone from Bangkok will come and do it for me. 

I totally get about how Thai people treat their dogs and pets. But in north or Isaan area, people are even worst(my opinion). At least in Bangkok area people keep their dog inside the homes or have them at the leash. Leash isn’t expensive, just 400-600฿, if course my broken Thai when I mock him that he can’t even afford that and hat he shouldn’t own any dogs he and his family got angry at me. 
he cursed me and even called me farang b**** ????. Thai people get upset so fast, not easy to have a conversation with them. They get so defensive quickly.

foreigners in the area all have their dog inside and when they have a dog walk have their dog on a chain.

i got bitten the other day( last week), luckily didn’t go true. But imagine I fell of my motor bike and got ingured. 
If your dog cause a accident with a motorbike you will have to pay quiet a bit. This Thai neighbor kid left the door wide open and let out 2 dogs. 
I felt sorry for the kid(his dad beat him), so I said it’s not a problem and just told him to watch out in the future.

truly I believe that they won’t care.

D9ADCACC-3D8D-4590-9DF4-193111B2E712.jpeg

4AD97E00-C27B-4B86-8554-182282E31B54.jpeg

68C7F503-8267-45F8-9779-C73295A6B1B4.jpeg

That’s when my dog was a small rat ????, again I don’t care if he is mixed or half mastiff or bulldog. He is just lovely. He isn’t aggressive at all, more like a lazy bum.

litter was also special: he was the only male, all others were 7 sisters ???? . Went and picked him up. All other sister  were cute as hell. But breeder said to me that these dogs will eat a lot. True.... my dog eat raw beef and lamb around 2-3 kilo.

sad that he can’t eat chicken, allergic to it.... would save me some money as chicken is cheap.

2 hours ago, Duke30 said:

That’s when my dog was a small rat ????, again I don’t care if he is mixed or half mastiff or bulldog. He is just lovely. He isn’t aggressive at all, more like a lazy bum.

litter was also special: he was the only male, all others were 7 sisters ???? . Went and picked him up. All other sister  were cute as hell. But breeder said to me that these dogs will eat a lot. True.... my dog eat raw beef and lamb around 2-3 kilo.

sad that he can’t eat chicken, allergic to it.... would save me some money as chicken is cheap.

Seeing your video. Here is not part anything but 100% American red nose pitbul. 

welcome to pitbul club????????

this is mine when he was a pup 

1DC53F86-1115-4E71-8628-D7D6155DA3D1.jpeg

3 hours ago, BestB said:

Seeing your video. Here is not part anything but 100% American red nose pitbul. 

welcome to pitbul club????????

this is mine when he was a pup 

1DC53F86-1115-4E71-8628-D7D6155DA3D1.jpeg

you sure is a American pitbull ?

he is mixed right?

4AD97E00-C27B-4B86-8554-182282E31B54.jpeg.3e4855b5e564a4317964e41b5033f6fc.jpeg

that’s the dad, I could see a apt in it.

but the mother is not right?

well it doesn’t matter still a good dog ????, he just eats to much and sometime not easy to handle when he is playing around the house.

1 minute ago, Duke30 said:

you sure is a American pitbull ?

he is mixed right?

4AD97E00-C27B-4B86-8554-182282E31B54.jpeg.3e4855b5e564a4317964e41b5033f6fc.jpeg

that’s the dad, I could see a apt in it.

but the mother is not right?

well it doesn’t matter still a good dog ????, he just eats to much and sometime not easy to handle when he is playing around the house.

Yup sure, just different kennels so slightly different looks. Pitbulls can eat and eat , you have to limit it otherwise they will not stop.

i would recommend dog biscuits in the morning and mince with rice and veggies in the evening . 

a cup and a half full of biscuits and about 300 grams of mince mixed with rice and veggies ( total weight) 

royal canine is good or smart heart power pack 

1BDFF86C-6D63-409F-8151-C4ACCA18023F.jpeg

if your dog isn't getting attacked by the other dogs then maybe put a muzzle on him when you go out walking. It doesn't even have to be an affective working one but it should allay any fears of your neighbours when they see him wearing it. Otherwise, as suggested earlier, ignore them!

19 minutes ago, taichiplanet said:

if your dog isn't getting attacked by the other dogs then maybe put a muzzle on him when you go out walking. It doesn't even have to be an affective working one but it should allay any fears of your neighbours when they see him wearing it. Otherwise, as suggested earlier, ignore them!

Not a good idea , if they see a muzzle they instantly decide it bites and attacks .

pup is a pitbul , thai are petrified by pitbulls due to all the bad press. Whenever I take mine for a walk people cross the road , run in the opposite direction or just start screaming like idiots yet he just walking.

Was getting the same reaction when he was a young pup .

initial period would pass once they see he is not aggressive, but might take a while as some are really dense ????

This is not the first time I here dog story's like the OP as it happens all over Thailand, not just Issan. Unfortunately you rub hand with the wrong neighbors and next thing you know your dog is poisoned. It happens a lot here so if I were you I would move to another house.

Archived