Lazada Laptop order issue

YetAnother

Ordered high grade laptop based on technical specs on the etailer page on Lazada, the specs were parroted from the initial supplier, the manufacturer, Asus; as a systems builder I know these specs well; the unit arrived and was missing the cutting edge tech port that I chose the unit for;

Lazada refund/return system requires a Lazada wallet, applied for one and 'reserved for thais', no go, they are locking farang out of the refund/return process; the purchase was COD, ; no more Lazada for me as they stuck me with an expensive product I did not order

That's strange, because I have just returned a product that I bought from Lazada and they are processing a refund as I write, and I had no knowledge of, nor did I use whatever a "Lazada wallet" is??

I just followed the online instructions with regards to a product return and a refund and everything seems to be going well, and I have to say they have been very helpful.

It's only the COD option that refunds to Lazada Wallet - credit card payments refunded to your credit card.

I doubt this is designed to be a scam, it's no doubt just one of those oversights when people think these things up.

45 minutes ago, JamJar said:

AMLO

OK, so it's a consequence of the stoopid anti-money laundering legislation, not exactly Lazada's fault. 

Is it not possible to activate the wallet using a wife or friends Thai ID!?  

3 minutes ago, William Osborne said:

Yah... i'm a bit <deleted> over losing wallet feature.....but can set up virtual CC with most banks..

All in all , I'm pretty happy with them as stuff from china usually gets here pretty fast....whereas if u buy from china on ebay its a lottery if it ever arrives.

that's why it might still be better to wait for that new Lazada Thailand/PayPal agreement started up...- Refunds are much easier through that system, especially more so when Ebay is used. They come down heavy on Receiving unfit products  

18 hours ago, NE1 said:

They keep sending me e-mails to tell me that they have put discount coupons into my " wallet " which for one I have never had , and two , we are not allowed to have the " wallet ".

same for me , I don't react for that 40baht …..

I believe they offer the same type system that Shopee has - you designate a bank account to receive refunds.  You have to supply copy of passport and account books overmarked as for use only for ID use of the platform involved.  That said have not received or asked for any refunds from Lazada but know above system works will on Shopee (who actually accept direct online bank account payments).  For Lazada have been using credit card.

Archived