Prince Harry demands end to 'greed and selfishness', for nature's sake

webfact

27 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

"The 4x4s were drafted in because organisers at the Palace were unable to locally obtain secure enough vehicles suitable for Harry, Meghan and baby Archie."

Very interesting. So there are no cars in Africa good enough for Harry and Meghan and their child.

"But the shipping of the cars over a 10,000-mile distance will raise further eyebrows over the couple's green credentials despite them promoting environmental issues."

Those two just can't help themselves. Even Sunshine Sachs can't polish this mess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

"The 4x4s were drafted in because organisers at the Palace were unable to locally obtain secure enough vehicles suitable for Harry, Meghan and baby Archie."

Very interesting. So there are no cars in Africa good enough for Harry and Meghan and their child.

"But the shipping of the cars over a 10,000-mile distance will raise further eyebrows over the couple's green credentials despite them promoting environmental issues."

Those two just can't help themselves. Even Sunshine Sachs can't polish this mess.

I don't think the sort of secure vehicles referred to can be booked via Avis. Or that there are a whole lot of them around. Granted, it doesn't seat well with the supposed environmentalist agenda, and optics are what they are - but it's not a unique occurrence when it comes to politicians, representatives and heads of state.

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

I don't think the sort of secure vehicles referred to can be booked via Avis. Or that there are a whole lot of them around. Granted, it doesn't seat well with the supposed environmentalist agenda, and optics are what they are - but it's not a unique occurrence when it comes to politicians, representatives and heads of state.

Surely the governments of places they visited have armour-plated vehicles for their respective VIPs?

Perhaps Jaguar-Land Rover saw it as a marketing opportunity, and did they just happen to have a spare four vehicles ready to ship over, already registered?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

Surely the governments of places they visited have armour-plated vehicles for their respective VIPs?

Perhaps Jaguar-Land Rover saw it as a marketing opportunity, and did they just happen to have a spare four vehicles ready to ship over, already registered?

Wouldn't know about "surely". What governments have on offer doesn't always match security requirements set by countries of visitors. And yes, obviously a marketing opportunity there. As for the "just happen to have" bit - the firm having some of these available is not unreasonable, and there's no mention of this being a last minute thing. Does protocol demand royals use UK made cars only?

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Does protocol demand royals use UK made cars only?

They used the BMW limos from commonwealth fleets for part of their Australian tour and I think also some of the GM fleet vehicles as well.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course not, but I try not to tell other people what to do, when I'm not prepared to follow my own advice.

Anyway, who does he think he is demanding anything? He's paid by the taxpayer to open shows and judge the best baby sort of thing, not promote personal viewpoints. He should learn from his father's experience what happens to royals that get too big for their boots and start thinking they are important.

I think the "demand" bit is more of a headline thing.

• Like 2

For someone who's never had to be concerned about a bill in his life, lives in a castle and flies around the world aboard his private jet, he couldn't possibly be any more hypocritical. It's quite frankly insulting.

Edited by SteveK
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SteveK said:

For someone who's never had to be concerned about a bill in his life, lives in a castle and flies around the world aboard his private jet, he couldn't possibly be any more hypocritical. It's quite frankly insulting.

They hire the jet ????

At taxpayers (probably) expense.

anyone else tired of seeing hi profile people and celebrities etc bark orders from ivory towers ? last time i checked most hi profile people and celebs have a much higher carbon footprint than the average joe. 

rather than globetrotting around preaching to others why not lead by example. if they didn't live the lives they do there would be little to no need to offset any carbon footprint. imagine if harry and meghan didn't do half the <deleted> they do but still did the carbon offset. there would be an actual savings no ?

to further a previous remark i made.....i would like to have greta chime in on this one. 

greta.......................... ????

do as i say not as i do according to the book of hi so. 

• Like 1