Chinaman severely injured falling off baht bus

Rimmer

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, z42 said:

Incredible headline ????

But in all seriousness i hope the bloke recovers quickly and can continue his holiday fun in sin city

Yes, it's quite the headline. I really have to wonder if the writer of it has ever heard of terms like cultural respect and political correctness.  And as usual, a good shot of hyperbole is injected in the writing for reaction by focusing of the notion of the driver "fleeing" when in fact he seemed to act in a reasonably responsible way -- taking the unfortunate idiot's friends to the hotel to get the documentation they needed then returning them to the scene. Clearly, the driver did nothing wrong, and he probably should have stuck around to answer a few basic questions, if only to confirm what the injured man's friends told the police, but even to the densest people it's obvious that he can't control the idiots in the back and holds no responsibility for their actions. 

44 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Four pages and no one has yet posted * The buses in America are ............blah blah blah*

Could someone post and tell me what the buses in America are like ?

Well, we don’t have baht buses in Australia, as they’d doubtless violate a few dozen safety regulations, and I imagine the same applies in the United States. 

The reason it is considered offensive to call a Chinese person a Chinaman is because although it is the most logical term and was at one time correct terminology. Past generations were dicks about it so now we have to call them something else as our penance. There is nothing offensive about it except for the white guilt.

12 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

The reason it is considered offensive to call a Chinese person a Chinaman is because although it is the most logical term and was at one time correct terminology. Past generations were dicks about it so now we have to call them something else as our penance. There is nothing offensive about it except for the white guilt.

Only Americans  , its not an offensive term anywhere else in the World

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

What is wrong for calling a man a man as in Chinese man ?

Why shouldnt we state his gender ?

I don't disagree with you, but I merely stated "in today's PC world, more correctly "person" is preferred".

Refer to Justin Trudeau's "Peoplekind"

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Only Americans  , its not an offensive term anywhere else in the World

In Canada we had a mountain named Chinaman's peak. It was named after a railway worker that scaled the mountain without gear. Naming a mountain after an immigrant workers achievement was truly quite an honor in those days. But we had to change the name because that was racist. At least it is named after him still. Ha Ling peak. 

12 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I don't disagree with you, but I merely stated "in today's PC world, more correctly "person" is preferred".

Refer to Justin Trudeau's "Peoplekind"

I do think that you are over doing it a bit .

If you are referring to one specific person, its still acceptable to refer to them by their gender

2 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

So, when a young man gives up his seat to an old lady who’s just boarded the baht bus he’s liable for a 2,000 baht fine?

I think that given the large number of people who use the baht buses, whether sitting or standing, and the extremely low number of injuries, they’re a very safe method of transport, certainly way safer than a motorbike.

This is the existing law - 2000 Baht fine. And if you stand there and an other car crashes into the back of the Baht Bus you might end up with two amputated legs. 

10 minutes ago, Beggar said:

And if you stand there and an other car crashes into the back of the Baht Bus you might end up with two amputated legs.

True, that’s possible, but how many times has this happened in thousands upon thousands of baht bus journeys? You have to assess risk in a rational manner, rather than being terrified of exceedingly unlikely events, and I maintain that standing on the back of a baht bus is much safer than being a passenger on a motorbike, which could well be the only affordable alternative cheap transport if baht buses are ever legislated out of existence.

20 hours ago, z42 said:

Incredible headline ????

But in all seriousness i hope the bloke recovers quickly and can continue his holiday fun in sin city

Are you serious?
Serious brain injuries and critical in hospital... his days of fun in sin city are over !

2 hours ago, fhickson said:

a red truck parked kitty to block oncoming traffic from running the guy over a second time would have been useful, einstein.

your not too bright are you?

Umh, he had already driven the injured mans mates to their hotel to fetch his ID documents. One can, not unreasonably, assume that by the time he returned the rescue foundation or ambulance crews would have been at the scene.

Far from me to comment on how bright you are, but you do seem to be lagging behind in the discussion somewhat!

12 hours ago, sanemax said:

Four pages and no one has yet posted * The buses in America are ............blah blah blah*

Could someone post and tell me what the buses in America are like ?

Image result for San Francisco Trolley

There you are. Sorry it took so long! Quite crowded as it happens - lots of people hanging on - doesn't look too safe to me!

Basically he was riding in the back of a pick up thats illegally been converted into a bus.

after the 17students being wiped out this week it's a good job the government are about to ban them.

if they were meant to carry people then I'm sure the manufacturers would sell them complete and with safety belts.

Let's face it nothing will be done by a weak pathetic government who really don't give a toss about the people's safety.

4 hours ago, JAG said:

Image result for San Francisco Trolley

There you are. Sorry it took so long! Quite crowded as it happens - lots of people hanging on - doesn't look too safe to me!

At least the driver can't swerve for vehicles that would cut in in front of him.

Edit: Can't see the driver. are those contraptions remote controlled?

On 10/2/2019 at 10:36 AM, z42 said:

Incredible headline ????

If the picture is of the incident he appears to be undergoing CPR..... looks serious. 

On 10/2/2019 at 11:33 AM, spidermike007 said:

Dumb and dumber. He was probably drunk, and just lost his hold and fell. Not sure why the bus driver fled. Does not sound like he was at fault. Muscle memory? Fleeing is the first option? 

No license for a baht bus maybe

22 hours ago, sanemax said:

I do think that you are over doing it a bit .

If you are referring to one specific person, its still acceptable to refer to them by their gender

OK, let me make myself clear. I believe that you call a male a  man and a female a woman.I agree with you completely, I was merely pointing out that in today's PC mad world gender is offensive to some progressives or liberals.

12 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

OK, let me make myself clear. I believe that you call a male a  man and a female a woman.I agree with you completely, I was merely pointing out that in today's PC mad world gender is offensive to some progressives or liberals.

Let them get upset or offended then .

Its their problem, not mine 

10 hours ago, Vacuum said:

At least the driver can't swerve for vehicles that would cut in in front of him.

Edit: Can't see the driver. are those contraptions remote controlled?

Maybe he has already "fled the scene"?

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

Let them get upset or offended then .

Its their problem, not mine 

But they can make it yours these days, they identify as a she, you are supposedly required to refer them that way, even if they look like teamsters. Crazy old world outside Thailand.... in it too. 

Archived