Bio Diesel

Chazar

So  is it  ok to use in modern pick ups  in Thailand or not and  if not WHY  not talking b10-20 I  have a  2017 Chevvy  Pick  up but Chevvy advise against not using it? Apparently 2020 model is  ok for B20........Ive only done 9000km in 2  years as I read  swapping to bio can  remove <deleted>/varnish left by normal diesel and  block filters. Once filters  replaced its  fine?

Yet some websites  state can be used fine in all modern diesels

Even the most modern of diesel engines will have expensive problems if they use B10 , or even worse , B20.  The "B" is oil (palm/maze/rape) , and trying to burn it causes the EGR , DPF units to clog/gum up , in as few as 30K. This oil addative idea really hasnt been thought through . To keep the engines running , it will be back to the days of de-coking. Not a step forward.  This is beside the forest devastation being caused by the burning , to make way for the palm plantations.

1 hour ago, ktm jeff said:

Even the most modern of diesel engines will have expensive problems if they use B10 , or even worse , B20.  The "B" is oil (palm/maze/rape) , and trying to burn it causes the EGR , DPF units to clog/gum up , in as few as 30K. This oil addative idea really hasnt been thought through . To keep the engines running , it will be back to the days of de-coking. Not a step forward.  This is beside the forest devastation being caused by the burning , to make way for the palm plantations.

https://enrg.io/biodiesel-mythbuster-20-twenty-two-biodiesel-myths-dispelled/#myth6

21 minutes ago, transam said:

Thank you. I will study this later , but in the first few lines , it admits the massive negative environmental impact  of polluted waterways and de-forestation. A few lines further down it says bio diesel is fine for Caterpillar / John Deere tractors etc , but car companies haven fully agreed.  Id rather not use it , but if B10 is all thats available , i will end up driving a very polluting vehicle after 30K.

1 hour ago, ktm jeff said:

Thank you. I will study this later , but in the first few lines , it admits the massive negative environmental impact  of polluted waterways and de-forestation. A few lines further down it says bio diesel is fine for Caterpillar / John Deere tractors etc , but car companies haven fully agreed.  Id rather not use it , but if B10 is all thats available , i will end up driving a very polluting vehicle after 30K.

Not to mention a waste of resources which could be used to ferment beer and wine. Also spirits but not Lao Khao.

Archived