Thai TV digital

longball53098

My wife has a non digital older TV it is using a GMM STB on a C band dish. Lately we have been having issues with the signal and the local dish guys have fixed it but it seems we still are having signal issues in the daytime hours. So I decided to give her some temporary relief when this fails and install a DVB T2 STB and an indoor antenna. Bought the devices at Tesco yesterday and connected to the TV,,,,,,,,did the setup routine and 14 channels came in quite good. I am wondering though? I thought that the system had more channels? Something like 44? Or 34? 

Can someone enlighten me? And if there is more than 14 why am I not getting all of them? I did notice that positioning the indoor antenna in a given direction made for a stronger signal. I am in the Ban Chang area of Rayong and I did point the antenna towards the Rayong city area as I think the transmitter is there.

Anyone care to give me some info here?

22 minutes ago, Crossy said:

There should be 3X channels.

You really need an outdoor antenna sensibly high up and pointing the right direction.

This app will help you find the best transmitter and aim the antenna.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=esrith.nbtc.BRDC

Thanks Crossy but that link is not working for me. I will search Play for that.

As said there should be over 30 channels but believe a few have died due loss of money recently and not all are available everywhere (do not believe you will even see a weak signal at all - and outdoor antenna is normally a must outside of city).  

49 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

the local dish guys have fixed it but it seems we still are having signal issues in the daytime hours.

Not sure if it is that time of the month but Sat signals are often lost for a few hours during day for a week or so twice a year when sun is in alignment behind the sat you use (sun noise blocks TV signals for a few minutes/hour).  This can also happen when the transmit alignment to the Sat is inline so may have issues 4 times a year in total, or extended outage if ground transmit is near your receive location.

Just now, Crossy said:

Thanks I already found this one and an app for the phone. I think if the SAT signal is out temporarily daily she can live with the usual 3, 5, 7 channels as at night she watches her Korea soaps off the internet anyway so the indoor will most likely be OK. If needed I can always get an outdoor and rig it

Archived