Issues at the airport?

Korean friend, current ED visa ends on the 9th of October. 1 ED visa in passport. No other visas. Will be exiting and re entering Thailand on the 23rd of October without a visa. Should she anticipate any problems at the airport? I think Korean citizens get 3 month visa exempt but I'm not sure about that.

56 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Korean friend, current ED visa ends on the 9th of October. 1 ED visa in passport. No other visas. Will be exiting and re entering Thailand on the 23rd of October without a visa. Should she anticipate any problems at the airport?

Sure you quoted the right dates.

57 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

I think Korean citizens get 3 month visa exempt but I'm not sure about that.

Under a bilateral agreement Koreans (POR) get a 90 day stamp on entry.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, berybert said:

She is leaving the country 2 weeks after her visa expires. So yes she can expect problems. 

No she is leaving before the 9th and enter again the 23rd on exempt entry.

I general she should have no problem, but with the ongoing disorder nobody can say for sure.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not certain.,If your friend has been 12 months continuous in Thailand on a Non Ed at a language school, and is now entering Don Muang visa exempt, some officials might decide to suspect illegal working. It would definitely be unfortunate, but I think your friend should be prepared for the worst.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Agree, your initial post doesn't clearly say that. 

Oh I understand why the big confusion. ????

First you do not seem the understand that I am not the OP, hence it´s not my initial post.

After that, It´s totally clear what he means if you take the time to read properly.

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What is wrong with the dates? She exit before 9 okt and are re-entering the 23rd of okt.

You stated her Visa ends 9th Oct, but will exit/re-enter 23rd Oct, which is why I queried your dates.

11 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

Korean friend, current ED visa ends on the 9th of October. 1 ED visa in passport. No other visas. Will be exiting and re entering Thailand on the 23rd of October without a visa.

• Like 1

Make sure your friend has 20K baht in cash, a airplane ticket out and hotel booking. If it was a westerner I would expect your friend to be denied but Korean not sure. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

You stated her Visa ends 9th Oct, but will exit/re-enter 23rd Oct, which is why I queried your dates.

You have trouble understanding. It means exiting before visa expire and the date 23rd means the day re-entering hence that word stand in front of, closest to the number.

Sorry, can not make it more easy for you.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

You have trouble understanding. It means exiting before visa expire and the date 23rd means the day re-entering hence that word stand in front of, closest to the number.

Sorry, can not make it more easy for you.

Quote:

13 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

Korean friend, current ED visa ends on the 9th of October. 1 ED visa in passport. No other visas. Will be exiting and re entering Thailand on the 23rd of October without a visa. Should she anticipate any problems at the airport? I think Korean citizens get 3 month visa exempt but I'm not sure about that.

English may not be your native language, but I understood exactly what Johny1966 wrote, which was she will exit/re-enter on 23rd Oct.

He's since clarified she will leave prior to the 9th October and re-enter on 23rd October which makes sense.

Read the initial post.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

The real issue at Swampy, is that it is not even rated in the top 100. Detroit airport is rated higher. No easily accessible free wifi. No lounge areas for passengers not flying premium. 

At Incheon, free showers and towels. Lounges for all passengers. Gleaming halls and areas to rest. Easy to access wifi and computers. Why such a stunning lack of pride here? Why such disregard for tourists?

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

No lounge areas for passengers not flying premium.

The lounge at Swampy for all Bangkok Air customers was terrific the last time I used it. Fast Internet, comfortable chairs and desks, nice snacks and coffee.

Granted, that was more than a year ago. I would be disappointed to hear it had been closed, I consider it the main reason to pay slightly more to fly with them domestically.

4 hours ago, donnacha said:

The lounge at Swampy for all Bangkok Air customers was terrific the last time I used it. Fast Internet, comfortable chairs and desks, nice snacks and coffee.

Granted, that was more than a year ago. I would be disappointed to hear it had been closed, I consider it the main reason to pay slightly more to fly with them domestically.

As far as I know, Bangkok Air is the only airline flying out of Swampy that provides a lounge to its economy passengers. It certainly is a feature that sets them apart and it is smart business. The rest of the airport has woefully few areas to lounge other than the gates and the overpriced restaurants. 

My favorite part of the airport is the food court on the bottom level, where most of the Thai employees eat. Decent food at great prices. 

Nothing else about that airport is special. Though it is not a bad airport, just not something that gives Thailand bragging rights. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Quote:

English may not be your native language, but I understood exactly what Johny1966 wrote, which was she will exit/re-enter on 23rd Oct.

He's since clarified she will leave prior to the 9th October and re-enter on 23rd October which makes sense.

Read the initial post.

That´s what I did and answered on without an explaination. That seems to be the big difference in understanding between us.

The explaination written was not at all nessessary and was onlt written after my answer for you and obviously other that did not understand.

Maybe enlish is you native language, but I seem to understand what people mean. Wonder what´s most important.