Transfer money

Hello im having a problem transfering Euros from my account to a Euro account ive set up in thailand ..this week my bank was given all the details of my account ready to sent the money ..2 days later the bank here in france called to say there was a problem the money was not sent as i did not include an IBAN number so my wife went to our branch in thailand who said they do not use an IBAN only a swift number so one cant send and one cant recieve ..any members sent euro to euro account from a french bank or even a British one as i suppose the code of banking would be the same ..so at the moment my cash is in the system Where who knows ..any help appreciated  tks 

This is a common ignorance between banks in EU and banks outside of EU, especially Asia. 

The only thing you will need to provide to send money to Thailand is: Account name, Account number, Bank Name, Swift/BIC code and the amount.

That is something that your French bank should be aware of.

Yes mate tks ..my wife sent all info that our bank in thailand provided i took it to my bank hre in France  said ok sent 2 days later called to say not enough info no IBAN  so my wife goes back to bank ..said Swift code and the info you just said was all that was needed   French for you 

Archived