Pheu Thai calls on government to probe alleged meddling in judicial affairs

rooster59

Pheu Thai calls on government to probe alleged meddling in judicial affairs

Sunisa-T.png

The Pheu Thai party is urging the government to investigate alleged meddling with the judiciary after a judge in the Yala provincial court shot himself on Friday in an apparent suicide bid related to unwarranted interference.

Pheu Thai deputy spokesperson Ms. Sunisa Thivakorndamrong today (Saturday) called on Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to step in and find out if there is any one in the government who has meddled in security-related cases handled by Mr. Khanakorn Pianchana, the chief judge in Yala provincial court.

She also called on the judicial committee to investigate whether any senior judge had interfered with the work of Mr. Khanakorn.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thai-calls-on-government-to-probe-alleged-meddling-in-judicial-affairs/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-10-06

15 minutes ago, Artisi said:

A bit rich this lot talking about judicial interference, what next, asking for investigation into vote buying. 

Don't need to buy votes when you appoint all your mates and supporters to every government position

This is actually a huge story, and yet it seems up until now to have been ignored by the Gov. Ignoring a problem until it goes away is the go-to strategy, and often it works. If it doesn't, how can they play it? That he was one troubled individual? That means it's not problem with the system, and so after assuring the public he will get the support he needs, it's business as usual.

Or they could acknowledge that certain problems do exist, and then pay lip service to fixing them. This also is a favourite strategy employed by those in power. They know more often than not, this will be enough to soothe the initial outrage on social media.

Finally, and least likely.... as in it's just not going to happen, the Gov not only acknowledges that a serious problem exists, but they overall the system that enables it to thrive, and then puts in last checks and balances to ensure it doesn't creep back in. I just put this last part in for so we can all have a good chuckle.

My son went to divorce court in Thailand and I was present when his lawyer outlined the fees:

1. His fee.

2. The court fees.

3. Other fees.

When I queried 3. He finally admitted these were to 'help' the judges hear the case early (next week rather than about a year) and get the result we desired. 

Needless to say we didn't disagree with his fee structure and my son got his divorce.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavetheGreek said:

My son went to divorce court in Thailand and I was present when his lawyer outlined the fees:

1. His fee.

2. The court fees.

3. Other fees.

When I queried 3. He finally admitted these were to 'help' the judges hear the case early (next week rather than about a year) and get the result we desired. 

Needless to say we didn't disagree with his fee structure and my son got his divorce.

Very strange. During my divorce in Thailand nobody ever asked for additional fees. And I got a proper ruling in time.

Edited by hanuman2543