Non-o based on marriage and TM 30

I am planning to do a Non-0 based on marriage in Suwanakhet, Laos. I recently completed a 1-year contract with a Non-B. On the 3rd last day of the contract, I went to Panaeng and came back to Thailand and got a 30-day tourist visa at the airport (not sure what it is called but they just stamped my passport with no questions asked). At the end of my 30-day tourist visa, I am going to Suwanakhaet to apply for a Non-O based on marriage (I think I have all of the required documents). When I arrive back in Thailand, my guess is that I have to high tail it to the local immigartion office with a TM 30. I am wondering if my wife has to go with me because we will be living in her house. Additionally, should I or must I start the 90-day reporting then. I am also wondring if they will ask me about where I was staying while I was here on my 30-day  tourist visa. If I must do  TM 30 as soon as I get back, what docements should i tak with me. Copies of my wife's blue book, ID. Thanks 

1 hour ago, khaepmu said:

should I or must I start the 90-day reporting then.

You don't do 90 day reporting on a Non O unless it's a single entry that you have then applied for an extension at Immigration !!

If it's a multi entry then you must leave every 90 days minimum.

9 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

If you plan to do 90 reporting at a local office i suggest you just do it there. No need to go to Laos.

Unless he gets a one year extension he will have to leave the country every 90 days. His visa will only allow 90 day entries. Ninety day reports are for staying in the country longer than 90 days.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless he gets a one year extension he will have to leave the country every 90 days. His visa will only allow 90 day entries. Ninety day reports are for staying in the country longer than 90 days.

Yes i understand that. Not sure if he does nor understands there is no need for the TM 30 or 28

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Yes i understand that. Not sure if he does nor understands there is no need for the TM 30 or 28

If he stays in his wife house, he will need to file a TM30 and sometimes even her. TM28 would only be nessessary if he would change address after that during the 90 day period. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

If he stays in his wife house, he will need to file a TM30 and sometimes even her. TM28 would only be nessessary if he would change address after that during the 90 day period. 

Ubon Joe if i remember correct says no. Nineteen years and a border run just yesterday was not asked.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Only if he wants do something at a immigration office. That is really the only way it can be enforced. They do not go out looking for people that have not done the reports.

A few people have been caught up when immigration raided some condos and such looking for illegals and owners not doing the reports in Bangkok. Most were fined for not reporting a change of address.

Right. Means that you probably can avoid filing a TM30, if you do not have any dealing with Immigration. On the other hand, that does not make it right. And because of that they all the time have to come up with new rules and old rules to enforce to make it harder for the onces that actually go the extra mile and file the TM30. Just my opinion.

You can do a 90 day online easy just use internet explorer and same with TM30. Bottom line dot the "i" and cross the "T" and comply. However i have a Cat "O" one year retirement visa. Actualy the immigration have a help line number and last time i talked to them they were helpful and extreamely pleasent????????????

I have a 1 year retirement visa, i just came back from Europe and i had to do the TM30 for the first time. Not new rules, but they have started to enforce the old rules. Also the visa is for 1 year, to get a 1 or multi time reentry permit is in another desk at immigration so i can do the 90 day reporting or i can travel before the 90 day is up, it is up to me if i get the multi entry permit.

9 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Of course there is a need for the TM30 if he applies for a 1 year extension. Then he has to do the 90 days reports,and depending on Immigration office,he might have to submit the TM30.

9 hours ago, khaepmu said:

Wouldn't my wife have to go to immigration with a TM 30 since it her house where I will be staying and she is the owner of the house?

Are you staying longer than 89 days,then you might have to do it. That is if you are going to apply for a 1 year extension after 60 days. 

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Only if he wants do something at a immigration office. That is really the only way it can be enforced. They do not go out looking for people that have not done the reports.

A few people have been caught up when immigration raided some condos and such looking for illegals and owners not doing the reports in Bangkok. Most were fined for not reporting a change of address.

Have there been any reports of people being asked for tm30 out in the sticks, at the common military like id/passport checkpoints as you get near borders? I take it no considering your answer. 

4 minutes ago, illiterate said:

Have there been any reports of people being asked for tm30 out in the sticks, at the common military like id/passport checkpoints as you get near borders? I take it no considering your answer. 

No

• Thanks 1

I will need to renew my drivers licence and will need proof of address for that. If I go to immigration asking for proof of address for my drivers licence renewal I suspect they will notice that I have never filed a TM 30 or initiated 90-day reporting. Of course, I can probably get proof of address from my embassy and that would be valid for the drivers licence renewal.