I am too tall for CB500X ...

12Gon

Hi!

Does anyone have any recommendations on what kind of thing I could buy to lower the foot-pegs and raise the handle bars for a Honda CB500X?

For sale in Thailand or ordered from abroad.

Thank you in advance!

37 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

https://roxspeedfx.com/

Any welding shop in LOS can fab something to drop the pegs

Thank you, good advice. I would like to find something pre-made for the task. Preferably done with CNC machines and tested for the pressure so I can be somewhat sure that the pegs are strong enough to stand on if I ever go for a bumpy ride

3 minutes ago, 12Gon said:

Preferably done with CNC machines and tested for the pressure so I can be somewhat sure that the pegs are strong enough to stand on if I ever go for a bumpy ride

Overkill. And expensive.

I bought the Rox Risers blems - not a mark on them

If in CNX Burning has them - along with knock-offs

...or get a chopper, i recognized when i sat down on a racer

i wouldnt be able to shift gear, this is not an issue on a chopper.

agree its a bit of hit & miss contracting custom style, id go for tested stuff too.

i had 5 handle bars made before i went back to original for example, listened to advice & suggestions for no good reason

Mate,

I am 5'10" and had the CBX, had the seat heightened (1000BT, great job) but it still was not enough for my buggered knees. Also if you go raising handlebars etc you may have to replace cables, lines etc if there is not much slack. Sold it.

Back here in Aus, had both knees replaced and now on a 650 Suzuki VStrom, much better in every way over the CBX. Good power, just feels a lot better bike. Not sure I have seen them in Thailand but will be looking myself when I get back. 

_48A2806.thumb.jpg.9f6ded257fd2f496bd6e17cf8fa519c4.jpg

The Wee Stroms are a nice bike. A great little motor in them. You can get them in Thailand but as they are imported they are quite expensive for what they are.

The sibling SV650 with the same motor makes for a great little track bike. You can fit GSX-R suspension front and back on them without too much issue. That also gives you the benefit of better brakes up front. I designed a top triple clamp to match the GSX-R late model forks so the SV can keep the steering lock and key barrel. The GSX-R front end probably work with the Wee Strom if you are more road orientated.

Archived