Ear de-waxing CM?

cheeryble

For the first time my left ear feels bunged up when I move my forehand muscles up, and sound is muffled. Wax?

I have small ear canals may not help.

I had them one cleaned one time at the price of abt 1200 in a private hospital. 

Seems a simple procedure to me, and Im wondering if I can go somewhere for about quarter that price?

I live south of CM and drive in daily and am happy with anywhere not too far from my route up the river or else on the south/west/central part of town.

Thanks for tips

A friend had his ears cleaned at Chang Puek hospital, on Soi 2 Chang Puek, to the east side of Chang Puek Rd.  It's also known as Theppanya 2 hospital.  It was just a few hundred baht.  Don't expect an ENT, just a general doctor can do this.  My friend really had a lot of ear wax and it was good to have a professional doctor with the right tools and a nurse assistant get it all out at once, rather than messing around with home remedies.

• Like 1

Oh Nancy I’ve just collected the stuff, may as well try it.

The NHS recommends

In fact might be better....if not So dramatic… To soften the wax Or dissolve the wax over the course of a few days

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

IMG_8515.JPG.f330ba2a42914937c700007205989902.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Oh Nancy I’ve just collected the stuff, may as well try it.

The NHS recommends

In fact might be better....if not So dramatic… To soften the wax Or dissolve the wax over the course of a few days

Yep, stay away from hospitals - they're full of sick people!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

Ear candles. Find them on Lazada.

Please, never use ear candles! They do not work and are very risky!

Buy 'dewax' from a pharmacy and follow the clear instructions that come with it.

You can also buy an 'ear wax removal kit' from Lazada which is safe and simple to use. I use it with dilute hydrogen peroxide and warm water.

I used to get them cleaned at a private ear clinic in Udon Thani for 250 Baht, so 1,200 is a bit OTT.

• Like 1

Last time I had a problem I went to our local private hospital. I don't remember the price, but I doubt it was cheap.

I do remember the 40" screen with the picture from the "ear camera", made the little lumps of earwax look like boulders. Most disconcerting ????

• Like 1

Bought a large plastic syringe from Tesco pharmacy, and the gf slowly put warm soapy water into the ear with it, that was after a couple of days coconut oil, and peroxide. Worked a treat.

Problem is that now I can hear her!    LOL

• Like 2

I have to go get the wax cleaned out of my right ear every 3-4 months (the canal is small, I am told).  I've tried all the ear wax removal products, as well as "gimmicks."  Nothing works for me except getting the ear suctioned.

So, I go to Lanna Hospital in CM (on Hwy 11).  The ear-nose-throat clinic is in building C on the 2nd floor.  I actually just went yesterday; got both ears cleaned for around 550 baht (I don't remember exact cost).  I've always had a good results with the ENT doctors there.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Total nonsense. I've used ear candles for over 30 years, on myself and others. I am/was a licensed Chiropractor and Massage Therapist and taught in both fields. Granted, it is not recommended to put anything in your ear smaller than your elbow, but ear candles used properly are safe, nontoxic, and work wonderfully.

15 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:
17 hours ago, Moonlover said:

15 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

Total nonsense. I've used ear candles for over 30 years, on myself and others. I am/was a licensed Chiropractor and Massage Therapist and taught in both fields. Granted, it is not recommended to put anything in your ear smaller than your elbow, but ear candles used properly are safe, nontoxic, and work wonderfully.

I am actually a fan of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and apply it to myself daily. Neither am I ignorant of the workings of the ear, having been a SCUBA diver for many years.

A Chinese (TCM) practitioner in Egypt set up shop on a major diving resort where I lived and worked and managed to persuade a number of divers to have 'coning' done on their ears when they needed them cleaned. Not one diver reported an improvement and, for some it made matters worse!

Until someone can present to me, sound medical and scientific evidence that 'coning' has any benefit, I'll continue to advocate against this practice and refer anyone who is considering to this web site.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323685.phphttps://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323685.php

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

They never worked for me, and if you read all the first hand testing on Google there is no evidence that they work for anyone.

36 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

As with many other approaches with ear candles there is a risk of pushing the wax in deeper.

I'm quite sure that's is what happened to the SCUBA divers in Egypt. (see my post #21) They all ended up going to the clinic to have the more practical syringing method carried out.

Even this is being phased out now in the UK and being replaced by a vacuum driven suction method. There were, I think, too many cases of ruptured ear drums with the old method.

Progress report:

After three days of a couple of drops down again now and again I happened to be in the shower and I thought as there’s a fairly good pressure I put turn the water up to moderately hot nothing dangerous and squirted it in my ear with my head on the side and wiggling around the parts of my ear of my ear so I could hearThe ear canal closing and unclosing..... you may remember I said I have narrow ear canals.
Anyway the shot is the short version is there’s a considerable improvement later that same day I said to the wife there’s a 70% improvement. Since then which is a day or two it seems to have improved moreOn its own.
Anyway I might give it another shot for a couple of days. It can’t hurt.
Thanks to all