Weatherman forecasts cold weather in December and January

webfact

1 hour ago, sillyfool said:

if thai people only knew what cold was really like. could you imagine a 25 cm snow storm here hahahahahah o man. 

How would the average Canuck fare in weather that is over +40c for weeks on end as often happens up here in Isaarn land  :w00t:  :omfg:

13 minutes ago, CGW said:

How would the average Canuck fare in weather that is over +40c for weeks on end as often happens up here in Isaarn land  :w00t:  :omfg:

When my friends come to visit me they sweat like crazy. It reminds me my first couple weeks of adaptation.

My sister say she can't sleep when the temperature is over 26C. My AC runs only at night and is set at 27C! My Thai wife insisted to get one because overtime I don't really mind the heat and could do without. 

4 hours ago, CGW said:

Just planted potatoes, they grow well up here in the NE in the cooler weather, not a good crop last year as never got so cool, looks like, based on this report it will be cooler this year - hope so? ????

Where do you get your seed potatoes, or do you just use the normal shop spuds?

5 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I don't really mind the heat and could do without. 

I will add you to the list of people who defy thermodynamics and like to live a sweaty existence in a damp and polluted environment! I like my air conditioned ???? 

33 minutes ago, CGW said:

I will add you to the list of people who defy thermodynamics and like to live a sweaty existence in a damp and polluted environment! I like my air conditioned ???? 

I got an oversized air purifier but could do without AC. 

27 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

On top of that electricity is almost free in Thailand. ????

& Well worth every baht charged, I'm far too self centred and health conscious to worry about a few Baht ???? 

42 minutes ago, CGW said:

Home made seed spuds, no choice here - unless someone knows different?

Ddue! You a potato dude? I just made me a baked again, they are like Yukon Golds. Quite excellent. 

Parkas ready for chilly months

By THE NATION

800_473d7ad8fa7e1ac.jpg

The cool season about to begin will be warmer in the upper provinces than last year’s – by 1 degree, the Meteorological Department forecast.

It expects temperatures to remain low from mid-October to mid-February, averaging 20 or 21 degrees Celsius in the North and Northeast. Last year’s average was 21.9C.

The thermometer will drop to 7-8C in the North and Northeast and 15-17C in Bangkok.

The coldest period is expected to last from mid-December to the end of January.

Frost will again be a common sight in the mountains.

The upper South will feel the chill most. 

Rain will remain heavy from Chumphon to the lower provinces, especially in November and December. 

There will be heavy rain and in some isolated areas very heavy rain, bringing the risk of flash flooding and river overflows.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377246

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-09

14 hours ago, nickstav said:

Hope they're right for once, but I'm not betting the farm. Been really hot in Hua Hin for the past week.

It' might not be cold for somebody from Alaska, but 14 degrees celsius is a temperature where I can't have a cold shower anymore like my parents in law. 

What really annoys me is that I need to switch on my air conditioner when driving in my pickup. 

Not too many cars here have a heater. 

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

You need to have a functioning memory too.

Every year we have the same weather, but locals always seem surprised by it.

Unfortunately, after two French visitors left, we found out that they ate our weather frog's legs.....

There's something wrong without our living thermometer now.

Crutches don't help, we've already tried that.

And the wheelchairs are not easy to find. I'll create a GoFundMe page now. Even frogs are living creatures.

If you like to donate some money, or if you have some crutches or a tiny wheelchair, please page me. 

France and frog.jpg

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It expects temperatures to remain low from mid-October to mid-February, averaging 20 or 21 degrees Celsius in the North and Northeast. Last year’s average was 21.9C.

The thermometer will drop to 7-8C in the North and Northeast and 15-17C in Bangkok.

Is that a daily average or a minimum? But far too optimistic. Last winter my maximum/minimum thermometer in Udon only fell below 20 degrees Centigrade ONCE. We had more days with a maximum over 30 than we did under. Had to run the air conditioning quite a few nights, used to not need it in winter.

Clickbait headline, obviously going to have people foaming at the mouth with indignation.  Well done TV you did your job.

This site is very very poor these days.  Constantly see misleading clickbait headlines like these to get the rabble going.  And it works.

17 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Clickbait headline, obviously going to have people foaming at the mouth with indignation.  Well done TV you did your job.

This site is very very poor these days.  Constantly see misleading clickbait headlines like these to get the rabble going.  And it works.

I suppose if the headline said "Weatherman states the bleedin' obvious" it wouldn't get as many views, although it's still no different.

6 hours ago, CGW said:

been there done that. lived in isan for a year. also lived in hat yai for 5 years. quite hot down there as well. 

13 hours ago, bluesofa said:

You need to have a functioning memory too.

Every year we have the same weather, but locals always seem surprised by it.

Much as they seem to be surprised about floods and high water that happens.  Despite hundreds and thousands of years of homes built on stilts.  Squirrels have better memories of repeating weather and temperature cycles

Archived