Trump defends his Syria pullout against Republican criticism

webfact

Even for a man who has executed one of the most miserable and divisive foreign policies in memory, this decision is the biggest mistake he has ever made. Throwing an ally under the bus, after they have sacrificed 11,000 of their own people? We had only a few hundred special advisors left in Syria. It was costing less than a single trip to Mar a Lago to support this. 

Just another in a series of blunders this man of mediocrity has made. His lack of compassion and decency is mind boggling, even for him. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Opl said:

Did Erdogan promise to find dirt on Bidens ? 

Trump apparently has properties in Turkey. The Turks have got form on genocide, this looks grim. Trump looks like he is totally loosing his marbles - those that were left - Republicans will be getting very worried now. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 19.55.05.png

3 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Trump apparently has properties in Turkey. The Turks have got form on genocide, this looks grim. Trump looks like he is totally loosing his marbles - those that were left - Republicans will be getting very worried now. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 19.55.05.png

What a load of fallacious claptrap

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Even for a man who has executed one of the most miserable and divisive foreign policies in memory, this decision is the biggest mistake he has ever made. Throwing an ally under the bus, after they have sacrificed 11,000 of their own people? We had only a few hundred special advisors left in Syria. It was costing less than a single trip to Mar a Lago to support this. 

Just another in a series of blunders this man of mediocrity has made. His lack of compassion and decency is mind boggling, even for him. 

Don't be silly.  He can only dream of being mediocre!

On 10/10/2019 at 9:35 AM, Tug said:

How can you defend throwing allies to the wolves?

The Kurds were "allies" only so long as they were fighting alongside the USA against a group that they hated.  As soon as the common enemy is vanquished they revert back to hating the USA. The USA has been in Afghanistan for 18 years.  When is it time in a country to say, they USA is not your police force and you need to solve problems in your region for yourself.  As for the condemnation by other countries, I see not of them despite their crocodile tears for the Kurds starting to send their own troops.  Action talks, BS walks. 

17 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

The Kurds were "allies" only so long as they were fighting alongside the USA against a group that they hated.  As soon as the common enemy is vanquished they revert back to hating the USA. The USA has been in Afghanistan for 18 years.  When is it time in a country to say, they USA is not your police force and you need to solve problems in your region for yourself.  As for the condemnation by other countries, I see not of them despite their crocodile tears for the Kurds starting to send their own troops.  Action talks, BS walks. 

"As soon as the common enemy is vanquished they revert back to hating the USA."

They did not hate the US, but things may have changed now. What has Afghanistan to do with the Kurds?

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

You got some history to show that the vast majority  of Kurds ever hated the USA? Stop making things up.

21 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:
21 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

You know it's not good when the usual Trump apologists on ThaiV are not even trying to defend this one.

The silence is deafening.

Oh they gave up attempting rebuttal long ago , just post sad emojis , they can just about manage that 

Ran out of diversions.

Even the paid trolls are quiet, maybe it is a holiday in Russia.

On 10/10/2019 at 9:47 AM, mtls2005 said:

Bloody Kurds, they're getting what they deserve for not helping with the invasion at Normandy...

Mark Meadows thinking, "Oh <deleted>, we're screwed."

So, he really did say that. Every time I hear a report of Trump saying something outlandish, childish, ignorant, my first reaction is to think it's just something being exaggerated, made up, or twisted to make him look bad. But you go to the source, and I'll be damned if it doesn't turn out to be for real 99 percent of the time.

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

"As soon as the common enemy is vanquished they revert back to hating the USA."

They did not hate the US, but things may have changed now. What has Afghanistan to do with the Kurds?

Ah but maybe Thomas J is right, the Kurds didn't help us with the Normandy landings (Yes it appears the idiot really did say this) which is a clear sign that the Kurds hated the USA!

How did they find enough morons in the US to elect Trump..............Oops I forgot we've managed to get Johnson..........more or less same same, although Johnson probably knows that the Kurds don't live in Europe.

"Turkey's operation in northeastern Syria is a result of steps taken by U.S. in this region," Lavrov said. He added that Russia warned the U.S. of "not playing a Kurdish card" while making Kurdish and Arab tribes to come face to face. The minister reminded the reporters that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin had a talk prior to the operation. Now, we will try to establish a dialogue between Damascus and Ankara. We think this is in the interest of both sides," he added."

Lavrov said Russia also will put efforts to foster dialogue between Syrian regime and YPG/PKK.

On 10/10/2019 at 9:20 AM, webfact said:

Trump cast his decision as in line with his long-held belief that the United States cannot be the world's policeman and must bring some troops home.

DoD says deployments in the Middle East are up 20,000 this year to 60,000 in total.

And the president annoucned sending more (2,000 - 3,000) troops to Saudi Arabia. (Hearing from merchant seamen in the U.S. that there are plenty of slots now for ships bringing supplies to KSA.)

But are you ready...Saudi Arabia has agreed to pay for the troops.

Can't wait to see the MoU and payment schedule on this one.

So much for promises kept, bringing troops home. Pfft.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:36 PM, zydeco said:

But you go to the source, and I'll be damned if it doesn't turn out to be for real 99 percent of the time.

There's always a video, audio or a tweet. Often all three.

It's hard to round them up, esp.. in a format suitable for posting here, but it best to just show the raw video or tweet. Defenders are then left with little defense, other than "he was just joking", or "he was trolling the media".

It would be nice to post excerpts from his two most recent rallies: Minneapolis, Lake Charles, LA. They are quite shocking in that he's turned up the bombast to 11, and looks like a madman.

Note that after apologizing for his behavior on the Access Hollyowod tape, he immediately began telling confidants that the tape was "doctored".

30 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

It's hard to round them up, esp.. in a format suitable for posting here, but it best to just show the raw video or tweet. Defenders are then left with little defense, other than "he was just joking", or "he was trolling the media".

He is confident His Faithful will not watch the fake news/corrupt mainstream media, keeping a strict diet of Fox News and screwball conspiracy sites.  How can he be joking when he has no sense of humor?

He (and a lot of other right-wing politicians propped up by Fox) are depending on the viewers to be easily confused and losing interest. Saying something, and then moments later contradicting it works a charm.  (that thing Rudy played on Cuomo on CNN 2 weeks ago was right out of Monty Python)  Funny moment in the 2015-16 campaign when Ted Cruz accused DT of using this tactic, which is how Cruz himself plays it.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:19 PM, bendejo said:

Ran out of diversions.

Even the paid trolls are quiet, maybe it is a holiday in Russia.

I'm waiting for one of them to come out and proclaim this is simply Trump making another masterful move in his game of 4-D chess and we are too stupid to see what he's actually doing.

41 minutes ago, samran said:

I'm waiting for one of them to come out and proclaim this is simply Trump making another masterful move in his game of 4-D chess and we are too stupid to see what he's actually doing.

Actually I still somewhat suspect that he is on his own mission to destroy the Republican Party, some act of vengeance because he was once snubbed or something like that, and his own words and deeds have become so convoluted he's lost his own thread.  He is supposed to have been a Democrat right up to The Day of the Escalator.  But take this with a few grains of salt, plus a shot of tequila (the hallucinogenic kind).  Already I get the impression that no one calls the GOP 'the party of Lincoln' anymore.

In the series Veep it turns out one of the entourage kept a journal of everything (and then lost it); asked why he wrote all that he said that they were telling so many lies that he had to write down the truth in case he forgot it.  "Note to self..." Donnie!  You would think that somebody who lies so much would be better at it, no?

1 hour ago, samran said:

It's easy for them, Trump said it crystal clear, it's all a matter of money, period

- the Kurds were paid to fight against jihadists and ISIS

- now the US are paid by the Saudis to defend S.A economic interests

What has 9/11 to do with that? 

On 10/11/2019 at 3:36 PM, zydeco said:

So, he really did say that. Every time I hear a report of Trump saying something outlandish, childish, ignorant, my first reaction is to think it's just something being exaggerated, made up, or twisted to make him look bad. But you go to the source, and I'll be damned if it doesn't turn out to be for real 99 percent of the time.

Wow, so I watched, he really did not say what you refered to. Maybe other lies have been ascribed to him? Fake news?

36 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Huh? He did say it, don't like facts again do you.

Find the time stamp where Trump says the alleged referenced quote below and let me know. You know, like 0.43 seconds.

"Bloody Kurds, they're getting what they deserve for not helping with the invasion at Normandy... "

Archived