Work

coldcrush

Lets be topical and where do you work and why?

This play a game is "boring" and the fathers and mothers of rockcity (bedlam) dont like it...either do I....thier are some cool people in here and when I look at a post I do look at how many they have posted....sooooooooooooo......I think if you can handle the games going down....youre ok...

ps...online help for mugs...

the only "I changed my mind" that's worth its salt is from the Quannum projects and is performed by R.L. Burnside with Lyrics Born, mixed by the stereophonics. It rocks! check it out! (i can send it to you... :o in exchange for the one you mention, if possible)

unemployement gives a man far too much time to listen to everything.

the only "I changed my mind" that's worth its salt is from the Quannum projects and is performed by R.L. Burnside with Lyrics Born, mixed by the stereophonics. It rocks! check it out! (i can send it to you... :o in exchange for the one you mention, if possible)

unemployement gives a man far too much time to listen to everything.

DJ Shadow & Jurassic 5 (Quannum) - I changed my mind (Stereo MCs remix)

That one I have, but anything you like give me the nod and ....well you know... :D

As for unemployment I am enjoying chilling and getting paid for it! No work till I comeback from LOS.... :D

Edited by lopburiguy

Commercial Saturation Diver .. 16 man sat system, 28 days in sat, 2 weeks on deck then home for 4-5 weeks then go and do it all again.. The last year we have seen pay rises of 100-150%.. Tis good ya. Fly out on a chopper on Sunday the 1st.. What do you do ? are you in IT or surveying or something.

Commercial Saturation Diver .. 16 man sat system, 28 days in sat, 2 weeks on deck then home for 4-5 weeks then go and do it all again.. The last year we have seen pay rises of 100-150%.. Tis good ya. Fly out on a chopper on Sunday the 1st.. What do you do ? are you in IT or surveying or something.

Service Op, N2 testing etc...not as much money as you but it pays the bills! So your nails grow quick eh?

:o

Edited by lopburiguy

Service Op, N2 testing etc...not as much money as you but it pays the bills! So your nails grow quick eh?

:o

Yeah, along with my hair and stomach.. Good cooks on board our good ship venus. I think you would be surprised wages wise though, you guys are probably on par if not higher.

I take sick & injured soi dogs off the street , & either cure them, or in bad cases, treat them as much as possible & give them a home for life. Gotta be the only person on farang pub at the moment with an improvised IV drip in her bedroom (I have an outbreak of parvo virus at the moment) :o

Hi guys,

Same same, but with ROV's, I used to really like working in the Gulf of Thailand out of Songkhla but now based in China 28 on/28 off.

Ahh yes, Songkhla and the Blue Sky Bar. Its all changed now though , happily married and living up in the North East.

Vung Tao, Vietnam was/is also another favourite place of mine to party for a night after a swing.

Good day rate rises in offshore work the last 12 months, I just wish the green back would hold its value.

Cheers

Khun Andy

Yeah, the guys i work with in the UK seem to think the same. A few of our lads are ex divers...getting on in years so gave up. Its the get money quick game is it not? Have you read "Dont tell my Mum I work on the rigs, I am a piano player in a whore house? That has a couple of good stories about you lot!

Not the best of books but still a good read.

Dont Tell Mum I work on the Rigs, I am a piano player in a whore house!

Hi guys,

Same same, but with ROV's, I used to really like working in the Gulf of Thailand out of Songkhla but now based in China 28 on/28 off.

Ahh yes, Songkhla and the Blue Sky Bar. Its all changed now though , happily married and living up in the North East.

Vung Tao, Vietnam was/is also another favourite place of mine to party for a night after a swing.

Good day rate rises in offshore work the last 12 months, I just wish the green back would hold its value.

Cheers

Khun Andy

I was looking into that ROV caper, alot of work around gfor it I see. Quite hard to get into is it not?

Vietnam, nice choice! :o

Yeah, the guys i work with in the UK seem to think the same. A few of our lads are ex divers...getting on in years so gave up. Its the get money quick game is it not? Have you read "Dont tell my Mum I work on the rigs, I am a piano player in a whore house? That has a couple of good stories about you lot!

Not the best of books but still a good read.

Dont Tell Mum I work on the Rigs, I am a piano player in a whore house!

Ha ha, yeah I read it on a plane trip not long ago, he has a pretty good story about Shekou, China where I pull into port regularly, it s always a more interesting read when you recognise a few places. In the 15 years offshore there sure is a book somewhere out of all the xperiences I have had. I wish I had the skills to put it down.

Environmental...mainly air quality and water quality monitoring and analysis. Hoping to hear back on an environmental engineering position with a mining company here in the States I interviewed for recently. Pay is much better than current job.

Environmental...mainly air quality and water quality monitoring and analysis. Hoping to hear back on an environmental engineering position with a mining company here in the States I interviewed for recently. Pay is much better than current job.

Goodluck Jamie. :o

Hi guys,

Cheers

Khun Andy

I was looking into that ROV caper, alot of work around gfor it I see. Quite hard to get into is it not?

Vietnam, nice choice! :D

Right now the company i work for are taking just about anyone as trainee ROV/tenders/techs/pilots. The pay starts around 250 USD p/day( 6 weeks on 4 weeks off) for a year or so then heads into 500-700 p/day zone. The ROV blokes are always treated much better than us "low-life" divers.. I guess we do earn the bad rep that we get though. Work hard play hard seems our motto. Vung Tao really is a great run ashore, got chased through the streets by some heavies there one night and all me and my mate could do was sing "run through the jungle" by Credence. Mad mad times they were.. I have a wife and 3 kids so have to moderate everything now. Although before and after our trips we still go haywire..Great life..Wouldn't trade it for anything.. Except winning the lottery maybe. :o

Hi guys,

Cheers

Khun Andy

Vietnam, nice choice! :D

Right now the company i work for are taking just about anyone as trainee ROV/tenders/techs/pilots. The pay starts around 250 USD p/day( 6 weeks on 4 weeks off) for a year or so then heads into 500-700 p/day zone. The ROV blokes are always treated much better than us "low-life" divers.. I guess we do earn the bad rep that we get though. Work hard play hard seems our motto. Vung Tao really is a great run ashore, got chased through the streets by some heavies there one night and all me and my mate could do was sing "run through the jungle" by Credence. Mad mad times they were.. I have a wife and 3 kids so have to moderate everything now. Although before and after our trips we still go haywire..Great life..Wouldn't trade it for anything.. Except winning the lottery maybe. :o

Have you ever been ashore in Balikpapan, Indonesia? That is the wildest place I have ever been to. The only time I have been chased by locals and I was sh*tting myself.

Funny enough the ruckus was caused by Japanese Sat Divers who had just demobed as well. I met a guy in Balikpapan who lived with a local girl, one day he came home and his girlfriend and one of her friends were cooking two human hands in a pot on the stove in his house.

It ends up that the hands belonged to a motorbike accident victim and it was some voodoo thing to eat them.

The relationship didn't last too long after that apparently.

Khun Andy

Funny enough the ruckus was caused by Japanese Sat Divers who had just demobed as well. I met a guy in Balikpapan who lived with a local girl, one day he came home and his girlfriend and one of her friends were cooking two human hands in a pot on the stove in his house.

It ends up that the hands belonged to a motorbike accident victim and it was some voodoo thing to eat them.

Khun Andy

Strewth, I bet he was real careful what she cooked up for him after that. :o

Currently working in KL as PMC Mech Eng for PetroVietnam in the contractor's office for refinery #1 in Viet Nam at a place called Dung Quat some 130 kliks south of Da Nang. Due to mobilise to site in around 2 months or so and will be checking Vung Tau out for my R&R's as well as using PB Air Da Nang to BKK service. Pay not as good as you sat divers or ROV men but it's more than I can spend and it's tax free. :D

Why here? Well I love it anywhere here in south east Asia and hoping the current boom in the oil & gas business keeps rolling a couple more years.

Khun Andy

Strewth, I bet he was real careful what she cooked up for him after that. :D

Currently working in KL as PMC Mech Eng for PetroVietnam in the contractor's office for refinery #1 in Viet Nam at a place called Dung Quat some 130 kliks south of Da Nang. Due to mobilise to site in around 2 months or so and will be checking Vung Tau out for my R&R's as well as using PB Air Da Nang to BKK service. Pay not as good as you sat divers or ROV men but it's more than I can spend and it's tax free. :D

Why here? Well I love it anywhere here in south east Asia and hoping the current boom in the oil & gas business keeps rolling a couple more years.

Well it brings new light to the name "Finger Foods!!!" :o

I live in Thailand, and work in London. (connect to the office computer network using a VPN).

My job's application development / support though, and the company only agreed to it after I'd been there several years...