New financial requirement for non-imm O ME

I went to apply for a new visa non-imm O ME based on retirement today. Location Austria.

I had all documents and financial proof listed on the website. 

Although they still show 5000 € per person, I was told that it is now 20,000€ which can be made up of pension plus bank deposit or only bank deposit or pension only. Luckily, I could show the 20,000. 

My question why the website still shows 5000 € I was told that the increased amount is not yet official but it is inofficially required. It will become official on 1 Nov..

I posted this just to make others to be aware that a higher amount may be required. 

5 hours ago, Letseng said:

I was told that it is now 20,000€ which can be made up of pension plus bank deposit or only bank deposit or pension only. 

I suppose 20000 € pension, is on year base. 

This condition seems to be similar to get a L.o.I. for an extension, here in Thailand. 

I suppose at all embassies, except 3 certainly. 

Edited by luckyluke

The London Embassy website, back in February, asked for £1500/month income proof for a non-O ME marriage, (the same as a retirement ME at the time (unless state pensioner), but it was not enforced, the financial pack just got returned. Both of these no longer available from London, because of the e -Visa introduction.

The OA visa on the e-visa system is asking for similar 800000 THB, or income plus deposit to equal >800000 THB total. With the deposit account element in a separate accounr(s) from the income proof account. It was the only similar longer. ME option, until the advent of the Insurance requirement.

If it"s still in local currency more stable perhaps, cherish the non-O ME while it's still available, before you get hit with the e-visa thing!