Marriage On Uk Tourist Visa

I'm already married (Thai style - ceremony only) to my lady and we're probably pregnant! We both went home to the UK last year and are planning to do the same again this summer.

Reading these pages it sounds like a better idea to be married (legally) before any babies are born, hence getting dual nationality for the wee one. Does anyone know if a special visa is needed or can we just tie the knot while she's on a tourist visa? One more thing; she then won't be able to buy a house (unless we get temporarily divorced) but can property be put into the name of a dual nationality baby?

All help would be appreciated.

thanx

Jamie

Temporary Divorce ? Please enlighten us :o

Me too,

Now that could come in handy. Can you get that on an hourly (short-time?) basis?

Seriously though, congrats on the pregnancy! We have a 1-yr old born in the US and one under way. They can actually carry three passports (if we do it in the correct order): US by birth, Thai from Mommy and Norwegian (yeah, I confess) from Dad... :D

I'm already married (Thai style - ceremony only) to my lady and we're probably pregnant! We both went home to the UK last year and are planning to do the same again this summer.

Having a real hard time understanding this post. You say you're both pregnant? You both went "home" but is seems one of you is Thai so I would think home would be here (Thailand) for that party.

Is the marriage question for here in Thailand or the UK (you mention tourist visa for her). Might be different rules.

As others have said your knowledge of land registration is outdated. Not a problem anymore.

:o

Thanks for all the feedback, sorry I haven't been replying; work to do and all that.

I said WE'RE pregnant because I think I had something to do with it and will certainly have plenty more to do with it!

Looks like that house buying thing is clear (temproary divorce is what a mate did a few years ago) and that she can buy the land, now we just need 2,000,000B if anyone's feeling generous.

To the guy who didn't understand; we went to MY home in the UK last summer and plan to return this summer. Only she's pregnant, but I have a bit of a beer belly. She's Thai.

Oh, by the way, has anyone ever borrowed money (in the form of a mortgage) secured on a house in a Thai's name but based on a Farang's wages (EFL teacher!) when said Farang is only on a year by year work permit?

Thanks again.com

:D

Thanks for all the feedback, sorry I haven't been replying; work to do and all that.

I said WE'RE pregnant because I think I had something to do with it and will certainly have plenty more to do with it!

Looks like that house buying thing is clear (temproary divorce is what a mate did a few years ago) and that she can buy the land, now we just need 2,000,000B if anyone's feeling generous.

To the guy who didn't understand; we went to MY home in the UK last summer and plan to return this summer. Only she's pregnant, but I have a bit of a beer belly. She's Thai.

Oh, by the way, has anyone ever borrowed money (in the form of a mortgage) secured on a house in a Thai's name but based on a Farang's wages (EFL teacher!) when said Farang is only on a year by year work permit?

Thanks again.com

Thanks again.com

Thanks again.com

Thanks again.com

Yes apply to any of the major lending facilites here.

Tell them you are both pregant

Tell them you are not sure who the father is though

Tell them you are seeking a tempory divorce?

Tell them you have a pot belly

Tell them you are a tefl teacher (god help our children)

Tell them you are only here on a 1 year work permit

Tell them you are a fully paid up Liverpool football club member

Hey you might just pull it off :o

I recently asked the ebritish Embassy if my girlfriend came to the UK on a tourist visa could we marry. I thought it was a good idea too.

The answer was no, a British citizen is not allowed to marry a foreign national visiting the UK on a tourist visa. Whats more after the tourist leaves they are not able to re-enter the UK for 6 months.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate.

We ended up getting married here and are waiting for a settlement visa now.

The answer was no, a British citizen is not allowed to marry a foreign national visiting the UK on a tourist visa.

This answer is contrary to the Immigration Directorate's Instructions, Chapter 2 Section 1 Annex B Paragraph 10 'Marriage Visits' - Rule 41 of HC 395.

ECOs appear to be a law unto themselves. However, your circumstances are different to Englishoak's. Will you be able to continue working legally in Thailand indefinitely, and can you prove it?

Is the girlfriend responsible for your swollen belly, or is it just beer? I blame my wife for mine. She cooks too much good food!